Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going from a scooter to a car...

Options
  • 04-04-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Been fishing around for info but cant find much...my question is this,
    Im 22 and have been driving a scooter since sept 2004 on a provisional, no claims or accidents or anything-my insurance dropped by 200 quid on my second year of insuring it. Now Im in the process of purchasing a car- a 2000 Matiz. Just wondering if my time of clean driving on a scooter means nada for my car insurance? Im thinking it dosent, but any info appreciated. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you asked any car insurance companies/brokers yet? They might know... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dr.barbie wrote:
    Been fishing around for info but cant find much...my question is this,
    Im 22 and have been driving a scooter since sept 2004 on a provisional, no claims or accidents or anything-my insurance dropped by 200 quid on my second year of insuring it. Now Im in the process of purchasing a car- a 2000 Matiz. Just wondering if my time of clean driving on a scooter means nada for my car insurance? Im thinking it dosent, but any info appreciated. cheers

I was driving a scooter for two years, first year insurance was €770, second year was €790 :rolleyes: , and then i got a car fiat punto insured under my parents for €1100. I don't think driving the scooter made any difference to my car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It makes no difference im afraid!

Advertisement