Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Benefit bronzer

• 04-04-2006 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone has used the new benefit bronzer called dallas-or does anyone use benefit hoola here??Im weary of buying these as I had 'georgia' and I found the small box that there in difficult to use?Do you use the small brush with the bronzer and does it look unnatural?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I do but I wouldnt consider it a bronzer. The brush is exactly the same. If you had trouble with Georgia you'll have trouble with Dallas.

Also- if you have typically fair [blue toned] Irish skin/colouring I dont know if it would suit you.

I have no trouble with that brush so why do you find it hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I do but I wouldnt consider it a bronzer. The brush is exactly the same. If you had trouble with Georgia you'll have trouble with Dallas.

Also- if you have typically fair [blue toned] Irish skin/colouring I dont know if it would suit you.

I have no trouble with that brush so why do you find it hard?

I have typical celtic skin:( oh no and the packaging is so pretty.Its just that the brush delivers a block of powder to your face that makes it quite unnatural looking.Whereas a normal bronzer brush which is large doesnt fit into the box-does that make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

What you need to do is blow off the excess before you apply it onto your face. And apply it in light/circular motions. Or you can just ditch the brush and use your normal one.

Well, try it on in at the counter and then go outside in natural daylight to see how it looks. It may look alright. I have very warm skin and dark colouring which it suits quite well. If you have cool skin it may not. Try it before you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I heard Dallas is like Georgia and Hoola mixed together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

panda100 wrote:
    Hey just wondering if anyone has used the new benefit bronzer called dallas-or does anyone use benefit hoola here??Im weary of buying these as I had 'georgia' and I found the small box that there in difficult to use?Do you use the small brush with the bronzer and does it look unnatural?

Thanks
    I have the hoola bronzer and find it excellent. I too am very pale but find that if you fork out for a decent brush and learn how to apply it properly it can look really good. Its nice too if you rub a tiny bit on the backs of your arms if you wear a short sleeved top and can't be arsed with fake tan. Always remember less is more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Hoola sucks! It breaks up really quickly so you can't store it in your handbag. Georgia; don't see the point it basically does nothing, you can't see it....Dallas; a mixture of pointless and sucky - don't bother. Benefit is overrated IMO?? Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I love benefit!

I'd recommend dandelion panda. My little sis and I both have it, and we're really pale. It's a cross bewtween blusher/powder, a lovely pale pink in really dinky packaging. What I love about it is that it never spills and it doesn't overload the brush, so you van layer it on depending on whether you want a daytime/ nighttime look. It's also more natural looking than some of the others imo, especally in winter, and it gives a lovely highlighting effect. (Can you guess it's a daily staple? ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

A far superior bronzer is Elizabeth Arden...and the brush it comes with is an actual proper bronzer brush not some dustpan brush bristles stuck on a piece of 2"x2" plywood. It also doesnt crumble and come with a compact mirror. Best around bar none and I've tried them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Benefit is overrated IMO. It's very hit and miss. I have Georgia (present), Hoola and dandelion. It's all about the packaging. With these products do use your own proper powderbrush & take some powder up and knock the excess in the lid of the Hoola.

The best bronzer is this http://www.esteelauder.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5842. the Estee Lauder duo amber. It has two colours which you can mix and match and it's the business.

I have tried alot and this is the best. Egyptian Wonder is ok also. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Fake Bake bronzer is v.good too. I have mine well over a year and its only getting half worn down! Very pigminated so a little goes a long way and is very natural looking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement