Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"And we'll just put a happy little bush over here..."

Options
  • 04-04-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Bob Ross Inc. has announced in March 2006 that they have filed a letter of intent to license to Joseph Hatcher's AGFRAG Entertainment Group to develop exclusively worldwide video/computer games based on Bob Ross' creative, unique and easy to learn painting techniques and TV show properties.

The Bob Ross video game, currently untitled, is planned to be developed for PC, the Nintendo DS handheld & on Nintendo's next-gen system coming later this year, code named Revolution. Release date was not announced. AGFRAG is currently seeking a publisher.

Well, thats one good use for the new controller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

"And if you tell anyone that bush is over there, I will cut you!"

Family Guy ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, thats one good use for the new controller.
    Yea, but pity about the lack of high-def of on the Rev for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Thought that was an april fools joke...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the Revolution won't lack Hi-Def, Nintendo just aren't pimping it like Sony and Microsoft are and won't be inforcing high def modes in every game. Very few people have high def TV's remember so for the majority it's completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

"Nintendo have said their new Revolution console will not support high-definition output after all." - http://www.ferrago.com/story/6099

Its a little old now but I haven't heard anyone saying it will since.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Very few people have high def TV's remember so for the majority it's completely useless.
    Yea, I'm one of those people. Can't see myself being too bothered with high def anytime soon tbh.

But then I wouldn't be wanting to paint with my games console either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you can understand a single [bachelor type] going out buyind hi def for his new ps3 in his apartment, but parents wont get it f0r their kids to have it in their rooms for their xbox360s, neither will students, no one has a hi def.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

neGev wrote:
    "And if you tell anyone that bush is over there, I will cut you!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Placebo wrote:
    you can understand a single [bachelor type] going out buyind hi def for his new ps3 in his apartment, but parents wont get it f0r their kids to have it in their rooms for their xbox360s, neither will students, no one has a hi def.

You'd be surprised how many students are tech-crazy :p I'm a student and I have a HD display.

They'll be a lot cheaper by the end of the year, when PS3 is out. I think I actually saw one for €600 recently, a CRT mind you, but still, that's getting down into very reasonable prices. I'd say by the end of the year, by far most new TVs sold will be HD, if it's not already the case.

There's not a chance I'm paying €600 for a TV.

I guess I'm just not a target market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The console isn't even out yet though.

In 5 years time it should still be on shop shelves and at that stage a lot of people will have HDTVs, and a lot of shops probably won't even sell SDTVs.

Oh and I'm in the 'students who bought a HDTV' category. My old Beko blew up and it seemed like the most sensible choice of replacement. The amount extra it costs over a standard tv, combined with the amount of use it will get over many years, didn't seem too unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i understand my family getting one, i have my consoles in my room, i couldnt afford 600 on a tv tbh [ontop of 400 for a new console + games etc]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Placebo wrote:

Yeah i mentioned this about a year ago and all the fanboys beat me up.

:(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Placebo wrote:
    i understand my family getting one, i have my consoles in my room, i couldnt afford 600 on a tv tbh [ontop of 400 for a new console + games etc]

no chance the ps3 will sell for 400 at launch, or even a year within launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And not a chance the Rev will either -- I'm guessing 200, 250 tops if they want to be competitive.

As for HD: I don't give a rat's arse if I get more pixels or not, it's all about the gameplay! You know? That thing that made you play low-res games on your sh*tty 14" TV on your old SNES/MegaDrive/whatever, before you became a graphics whore? Although I can see where this argument falls apart when talking to gamers weaned on PS1... or PS2.....

Advertisement