Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vicars nightclub

• 04-04-2006 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

have been going to vicars in dundalk for ages now and like it really lot ,

but recently thursday night has gotten quieter and people are heading to amber (not a fan )

if both places are free in before 12.30 and 3 euro a drink why have people moved

also both nightclubs do free in monday night and 3 euro a drink amber once again is busy ,

Has anyone notice this and what has changed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Amber is a far nicer, cleaner night club and maybe people are just getting bored with Vicars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The Staff in amber are a lot nicer as well i find , the music is better and all round there is a better athmosphere. I dont go any more tho because of the vicars crowd :)

yeh the music is far better in amber, seems to be some sort of collaberation between the students union and amber aswell which is a joke, the amount of "balls" thats been in amber is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭disc

yeah have notice that alright with the college balls,

and with the election coming up it will be interesting to see ,

amber is a far nicer nightclub, but for ages no one was goin to it , is there many in it on a friday and saturday night ,

in vicars on a friday it is busy enough and i like the music , saturday is ok not really pushed now head to silence.

my weekend now is

Thursday - amber (only cause the crowd goes)
    friday - vicars ( 2 euro a drink )
    saturday - silence (better than wrinkleys)
    sunday - silence (oh yeah, best night of the week)
    monday - if out amber

the last big night out before easter and its in amber once again what a load of ****, last year was far better for college ballls do be in amber on a monday and thursday night anyway.

anyway, i went to vicars twice on a saturday night and both nights were fairly poor, dont really like silence either but heard it was meant to be good on a sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

only ever been to silence, and riddleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

rideys is better than them all but thats another story

things happen like that in cycles, people just change places for a while, same place gets boring after a while

and vicars is terrible so maybe thats why too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Guinny

Vicars is the worst niteclub in town, this is mainly due to the dickhead bouncers, once they kicked me out for some scumbag busting my nose in an unprovoked attack and also wouldn't let my friend in because he was from Fathermurray Park. Also its full of underage teeny poppers and the drink stinks. Put it this way i had better nights out in the AOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Last year i had some great nights out in vicars,but now its a bit old (not age wise) so when i get back home it'll be either silence or amber i reckon (according to mates)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

As mentioned by quite a few other people, it's probably something to do with the fact that Vicars is bloody awful. The bouncers are generally power-tripping arseholes, the crowd is terrible (a combination of the large quantity of knacker males who seem to frequent it purely for the purpose of starting fights, and the recent influx of very underage girls who can't handle their drink), and the alcohol is usually horrible.

Although, as somebody else has mentioned, this kind of thing tends to run in cycles, so no doubt the old Vicars crowd will come scampering back at some point in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i used to go to vicars every week 3 times a week last summer!!and latley its jus gotten so young!!their lettin in all them dickhead louis 16 year old girls and the bouncers are crap aswell!!!dey judge ya on where ur from!!i dont like it anymore!!!amber is brilliant!!way nicer niteclub and nicer ppl in it too!!!vicars is turning into another laceys and the owners dont seem to care!!!i dont get it!!!

Advertisement