Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer from eircom

• 04-04-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Now is a time to change from eircom to BT for me. I’m 6 months now with eircom and I pretty happy other than price of it. 40 eur for 2 mb service + 25 eur for line rental is not good for me, while in BT they have 40 eur for 2mb+line rental. Just quick few questions.
    1. have anybody transferred from eircom? Is it awkward?
    2. do I have to send my netopia router back to eircom?
    3. should I cancel the eircom first and then connect to BT or is any automatic way of transferring?
    4. for those who are on BT, is it only 40 eur or is there is any extra charges (for calls, service, connection etc.)
    5. how long do you think it would take?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

1. I have transferred from UTV and it's the same process. It took 9 working days but some have waited longer. You can still use the Eircom BB until the transfer. There is no downtime.
    2. More than likely if you didn't buy it.
    3. Do not cancel Eircom first. Contact BT and they will send you a DTAF (DSL Transfer Authorisation Form). Fill it out & send it back and they take care of it from there. Cancel Eircom when you're live with BT.
    4. You pay extra for calls or pay around €17 extra for inclusive national and local anytime calls. You also pay a €40 connection fee (Free if you have you're own modem) & €40 more if you want to upgrade to a wireless modem/router.
    5. As I said, 9 working days for me but it can vary. Ring them regularly to keep them on their toes but you still have BB while you wait.

Obligitary warning:
    People have had serious billing problems with BT but I haven't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote:
    1. I have transferred from UTV and it's the same process. ..................

Obligitary warning:
    People have had serious billing problems with BT but I haven't.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054903036

and not just on boards.........

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=17811&highlight=esat+billing

Can there be a more inefficient company anywhere??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i take it that smart telecom isnt available to you?
    3 meg line for 35 euro a month, with free line rental

Advertisement