Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin To Cork

Options
  • 04-04-2006 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Cork next Monday with either Aircoach or Bus Eireann! I am just wondering which one is better for comfort and service and is there any toilet on either of these coaches!

Cheers
    RR
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Aircoach for comfort.
    Both should have a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Aircoach Haven't used it myself but one of the friends does Said he wouldn't use Bus Eirinn at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the Aircoach is a great service. They'll stop for a 10 minute toilet/smoke/food break en route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I haven't used a bus for more than suburb-hopping (rarely) in years, but colleagues of mine travel this route frequently enough, (on the company dime they take the train), otherwise Aircoach seems the carrier of choice, nice buses too.

Pretty unanimous methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Cheers folks for the replies - Aircoach it is so :cool:

Hopefully Shelswill get the result as well :);)

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Aircoach beat Bus Eireann hands down. Leather seats with footrests and aircon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

speaking generally the private service is always better then the public service

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Aircoach - 4 hrs
    Bus Eireann - 6 1/2 hours.

No prizes for guessing which one I always pick ;)

Neither have toilets btw, but they do stop in Urlingford about half way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Dont forget the flight option......providing you book a few days in advance - its almost cheaper to fly with Ryanair

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ahh but if you fly you have to get the bus into town anyway. sure bring a book/study/work/music on the aircoach and youd be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tis true...but I booked 2 days in advance & got 2 cents return + tax = €25 approx & the flight was only 35 mins..........

just an option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Stark wrote:
    Aircoach - 4 hrs
    Bus Eireann - 6 1/2 hours.

No prizes for guessing which one I always pick ;)

Neither have toilets btw, but they do stop in Urlingford about half way down.

Don't expect to get down in 4 hours on Aircoach either though. I laughed at my brother when he took Bus Eireann and was 6 1/2 hours on the bus.. I told him it served him right for not taking Aircoach. The next week he took Aircoach, and that was also 6 1/2 hours. True, Aircoach is better than Bus Eireann, but its still far from an efficient service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Andip wrote:
    Tis true...but I booked 2 days in advance & got 2 cents return + tax = €25 approx & the flight was only 35 mins..........

just an option

I've priced €103 for next weekend. That's not including the price of a credit card booking or a strip search at security, those come as extras.
    daveirl wrote:

Balls. Looks like it's train or car for me from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

I only ever use the aircoach, And the last 8 times i went down it's never taken over the 4hrs it should take, And that's on both the express and non-express bus, The only thing about aircoach i'll complain about is how they manage the Q's on westmorland street, I was there last week at 3.45 waitin for the 5 bus, And i was standing in the ! behind a girl and we got chattin about how bad ppl are when there rushing to get on, So we stayed in the Q for the hour and thought it could work, Ppl had lined up behind us and all that, But then ppl started Qing on the other side of us, Didnt matter, As soon as the bus came around the corner All hell broke loosed and ppl just barge everywhere, Why do they stop on such a busy street with Dublin buses in and out every few mins, They should have another stop with some kind of a gate fence or sumtin so that ppl cant actually skip, I've seen that Brendan Gallagher has hired these muppets in dublin that come along before the bus does and stands around with a ticket machine in there bag, What is there Purpose???? None, The dude that was there last week was into The bookies 5 times while we were waiting, When the bus came he told the driver he was there since 3 o clock and that Such and such a person was here all day etc, Waste of spach TBH

Kellz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

took the bus eireann bus up to dublin this weekend. took 3:45 hrs each way on the express no complaints. the bus that took us down was a private bus on hire so it even had a toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Andip wrote:
    Dont forget the flight option......providing you book a few days in advance - its almost cheaper to fly with Ryanair
    Add 7 euro for Aircoach either end. :D

Advertisement