Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL NO Telly

• 04-04-2006 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

Hi can I get NTL BB without all the rigamarole of paying for the TV channels I've no telly.

Thanks

MM

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

In one word... NO

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi can I get NTL BB without all the rigamarole of paying for the TV channels I've no telly.

Thanks

MM

Move in beside someone with no wireless security switched on:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Wait a min. You have no telly? Are you mental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dillon_the_rabb

Hi all.

I had this arguement with NTL some months back. The way they put it is that because the way the network is set up, you have to pay for the tv as you have cables coming into your property. If you have a cable for your BB only, you are capable of receiving the TV signals, and there fore, as they don't want you watching thier channels for free, they are gonna charge you.

You can safely say that the cost of broadband is going to be the cost of the bb plus the cost of the tv, therefore, you have no option but to pay 20 quid more for your broadband than they advertise. In reality, if you have a 2mb connection at 24.99 pm, you will also have to get the telly at 19.50ish, so it is costing 44.49pm.

That the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid :(

Cheers

Matt
    aka
    DTR

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I have NTL and don't own a TV. They were doing a deal before christmas where you signed up to the BB and got free basic TV. It seems to be the only way to get it without paying full whack. They've done it a few times so you could hope they do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

You will probably get the 12 month free anyway.

But at least with the TV "line Rental" you cant be charge anymore, however with phone line rental all you are paying for is the right for eircom or whoever to then charge you more for phone calls.

Advertisement