Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this alot for small amount of work

Options
  • 04-04-2006 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi
    I want to replace a window at the side of my house with a double patio door and also replace a garage door with a window. I have the door & window got and the blocks etc. Had someone price it today at 1000 - 1200 cash add 21%on if i pay through the books, is this alot as there seems to be only a couple of days work in it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

pd2006 wrote:
    Hi
    I want to replace a window at the side of my house with a double patio door and also replace a garage door with a window. I have the door & window got and the blocks etc. Had someone price it today at 1000 - 1200 cash add 21%on if i pay through the books, is this alot as there seems to be only a couple of days work in it.

you're being ripped off. get at least 5 different quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Steep - Sign of the times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

The numbers don't look right, are you supplying all the tools and a labourer, grinder kango etc ?

With the times that are in it that is not a contractors price considering that at least two trades and a labourer are needed

Also the vat element is wrong, registered contractors charge 13.5% vat for the supply of goods and services not 21%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭pd2006

Hi

Sorry the VAT is 13.5% not 21%. Im supplying the materials. Im assuming that they would use there own tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

Hows it going
    Depending on where abouts you live I would be interested in giving you a price so if you would like me to drop me a pm with some details.

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

I have been doing and getting a lot of work done to my house over the last
    year and dont part with my hard earned too readily but the price you have described provided the work is done properly and finished to a good / high standard does not appear on the surface to be unreasonable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Yep, I agree, even seems cheap to me. Got a few quotes for just replacing 3 windows, bedroom between 1800 and 2200. No new construction...

Ooops, just noticed... the price your talking about is just installation, you already have the door and window

Advertisement