Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Family car for EUR21k - 04 or 05 reg.

Options
  • 04-04-2006 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Looking at changing the family car as the present is getting on. REq's are:

1. Seat 5 relatively comfortably

2. Hatchback

3. back seat with 60/40 split (never buy an A4 without checking - it's an optional extra :eek: )

4. Aircon!!

5. 1.6 or 1.8l engine.

I have been looking at Laguna / Vectra / Focus and had almost bought a Laguna before reading about problems with the keys and rapid decrease in value.

Thoughts / ideas / comments ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Emul

I imported an 18 month old (Sept 04) Mazda 6 for my Father in Law last week.

Definately a car I think you should consider.

The one I brough in ticks all your boxes except the hatch back, but there are loads of hatch back ones around so you should have no trouble finding them.

I brought in the TS2 spec. It has electric everything including sunroof, CD player, Air Con, Cruise Control. A lot of room in the back. I put our two baby seats (plus babies) into it and they definately had a lot more room than in my wife's Octavia. Huge boot in the saloon so I would think the Hatch is fantastic altogether.

Lovely car to drive. 1.8 engine. Not massively powerful but not terribly under powered either. Very Comfortable. Also, (IMO) a great looking car.

By the time it's completely cleared it will have have cost about 16k. That's not bad for a car with only 30k miles on the clock and 18 months manufacturers warranty left. If you wanted to buy directly from a garage here you should get a 04 for about 18k and a 05 for about 21\22k. Both within your budget.

Advertisement