Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adaptive Headlights

Options
  • 04-04-2006 10:54pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

As titlle says!

Are they any good?
    Any expierences?

Thinking of gettting them on my new focus

All opinions welcome

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Are these lights that turn with the steering? My '72 Citroën has them, but I must admit I don't find them much use day-to-day.

The ones on the DS have about 85 degrees of rotation, whereas I believe the newer (Hella?) ones fitted to fords, Citroëns and lexiiiiii have about 15 degrees of rotation, so I'm struggling to see the advantage. In fairness, my ones are long range driving lamps that only come on with the main beam - if the dipped lights were directional as well then I could see the point.

The idea is that you light up more of the road when turning a corner, which should help you see, for example, a pedestrian walking on the verge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have them in my BMW X5 and they're handy alright, you can almost see around corners. They're a pretty good safety feature. Xenon lights are definitely worth getting, I have them on my M5 too and would find it hard to drive at night without them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've test driven a BMW 530i with adaptive headlights and they are handy but if I was buying I don't think they'd be top of my list - I'd sooner a sunroof or some other gadget!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers lads.

I'm just trying to decide between Adaptive and Xenon Lights at da Moment

Prob will go for Xenons, although they are more expensive:(

But if theses adaptive are really good I could be persuaded

Cheers

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mik_da_man wrote:
    Cheers lads.

I'm just trying to decide between Adaptive and Xenon Lights at da Moment

Prob will go for Xenons, although they are more expensive:(

But if theses adaptive are really good I could be persuaded

Cheers

Mik

If the adaptives are also xenon, and are cheaper too, then why not go for them?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Adaptive are HID Bulbs, not Xenon.

If they were it would not be any problem deciding!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mik_da_man wrote:
    Adaptive are HID Bulbs, not Xenon.

If they were it would not be any problem deciding!!:D

I'm open to correction, but my understanding is that HID and xenon are the same thing.

Advertisement