Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up a on line radio station.

Options
  • 04-04-2006 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Trying to set up a on line radio station. Do I have to turn my computer into a server, or is there away around it. Can just rent space on a server and feed the streaming content to it. Also what software do I need to covert live audio into digital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

the fantastic winamp can do this easily enough. I had winamp before broadcasting on my pc to a few mates for a evening or five. It was ages ago and i'm not too clear on how to do it thou. Just need to port forward from your router really. Setting up a mike and turntables or whatever shouldn't be too hard either if you have a good sound card. Check out the Winamp forum for more details or look for tutorials on winamp broadcasting.

There is also a program called SAM Broadcaster which can help you

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

www.live365.com offer a good service its fairly cheap .. you don’t have to host the station on your computer, they support multiple formats and can save play lists online to play over and over while the station is offline. You also get more listeners because you get aded to their directory of stations. I have also seen live 365 stations on the likes of shoutcast.com .. this may be an option for you.

Other options include setting up a shout #cast server, see shoutcast.com for details. With shout cast you do not need to host the server as you can pay for someone to host it, however you can host them locally by setting up a server .. this needs a lot of bandwidth or you will have to limit the max connection to the server and that can cause problems for listeners. There are many winamp shout cast plugins available.

Consider renting a server off the links of blacknight.ie or hosting365.com if you are looking to run the server yourself as you can buy extra bandwidth. Prices range from €45 euro - €99 for the low end servers. You will net to setup and configure the server yourself.. drop me a pm if you need a hand, I’m no expert on the subject but I might be able to guide you in the right direction.

Advertisement