Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orton Suspended

• 04-04-2006 11:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭

got this off 1 of the news sites, wonder what it deemed as "unprofessional" at mania weekend.....

WWE has suspended Randy Orton for 60 days. They sent a text message via their new wireless service saying he was suspended for "unprofessional conduct."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Strange, as wwe.com is saying that its Orton Vs Rey for the title on this weeks FSD!

Unless its reported that he is suspended on WWE.com, i'd take Ortons suspension with a grain of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, it's been sent around their mobile phone service, which is supposed to have the first breaking news. Sounds strange. Can't be from a drug test anyway, cos he'd be suspended for 30 days in that case. They should turn Angle heel and let him and Rey have another great match on ppv now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's known for having behaviour problems. Maybe by giving him a suspension it might wake him up.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2468212

Its there now. Throws my other thread ideas straight out the window anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Very strange really, because
    Teddy Long put him in a match for next weeks smackdown too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

that'll throw the smachdown plans (if there are such things) up in the air, 1 of their biggest stars out till June. This isn't his first time in hot water with managment is it? I think I remember him in trouble before, or am I imaging things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

He's an arrogant f*cker who pisses people off backstage.

No need to be suprised that he might get suspended!!!!

Clareman wrote:
    that'll throw the smachdown plans (if there are such things) up in the air, 1 of their biggest stars out till June. This isn't his first time in hot water with managment is it? I think I remember him in trouble before, or am I imaging things?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268911

They could put him on Smackdown next week. Let Angle beat the hell out of him. Make it an injury angle and when he comes back there'll be a feud there wating for him and the WWE to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

They could put him on Smackdown next week. Let Angle beat the hell out of him. Make it an injury angle and when he comes back there'll be a feud there wating for him and the WWE to use.

I don't know how effective that'll be considering his suspension is public knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Wonder what he did.... but it's good to see the e disciplining one of its top stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

On a sidenote - Orton does wrestle at Smackdown

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=15932 - contains full spoilers!

Hoodle wrote:
    I don't know how effective that'll be considering his suspension is public knowledge.

But do that many casual fans go on wwe.com ? I dont think it said that the 60 day suspension started immediately either. Just to me putting over the 2 top guys would make sense before the suspension starts. I take your point though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Orton is a really arrogant b**terd backstage apparently. He really has to cop on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

here's an update
    Some more information on the Randy Orton situation has come out. First of all, it has nothing to do with the baseline drug testing that was recently administered. Apparently Orton has been having issues since January, when Kurt Angle was brought to Smackdown. There have been a number of disciplinary problems since then that have been kept inside the company. During the WrestleMania weekend, he flagrantly defied the dress code. All of these issues have been building, causing a lot of heat with the locker room. It looks like this all came to a climax and WWE felt that they had no choice but to discipline him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i dont knw whether to laugh or cry here..:eek: and yeah smackdown is fairly screwed at the moment.. at this stage smackdown wont have any stars left... although i must admit i didnt think the wwe would have the balls to actually fire one of thier main stars.... kudos indeed... although i do have a couple of buddies who will be devestated at the news.... txting them right now.... hehehehehe

another update is that his suspension doesn't start until the 12th of April

From the observer website:

According to WWE sources, Randy Orton's suspension starts on April 12th. Beat me to the punch! Its the right thing to do to make him put over the other 2 top guys Rey and Angle. Its the most postive thing they could do given the situation.

sorry about that vince :D

suspose it is the best they can do, but what kind of employer goes to suspend someone, but gets them to work for you more weeks, wonder if he'll get paid during the suspension.

Not being all paranoid and stuff but it smells a bit of putting out an example that no-one is excempt from the rules, but wasn't Orton carrying an injury since he came back?

I don't think he has been carrying any serious injuries. He's been out a number of times with his shoulder but he's been in the clear with that for a good while.

Until more comes out about no one knows.

Again, by making him work one more Smackdown by making him put over Angle which is what you'd expect to happen it'll benefit the company rather than just making him disappear.

Then again, I'm not sure if I would give away Orton V Angle free on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i dont knw whether to laugh or cry here..:eek: and yeah smackdown is fairly screwed at the moment.. at this stage smackdown wont have any stars left... although i must admit i didnt think the wwe would have the balls to actually fire one of thier main stars.... kudos indeed... although i do have a couple of buddies who will be devestated at the news.... txting them right now.... hehehehehe
    he's not fired , he's suspended, he's to sit at home for the month and probably wont get paid for it either, he may even lose a chance at a big feud he was being lined up for but he will be back in a month.
    i agree with vince i think it is right to have him put the other two over before he goes,
    plus it'll clear up the title rematch picture with just rey and angle left it could be a nice month, those two put on some great matches, and it'll help mysterio diversify a little more working solely with angle, i think rey needs to stop relying on certain jaded moves like the 619

Apparently the word (off the cuff remark by Dave Meltzer on figure four radio) is that the 60 day suspension is the very minimum he'll receive.

At least they still have Mark Henry. Oh yeah, God too.

he's not fired , he's suspended, he's to sit at home for the month and probably wont get paid for it either, he may even lose a chance at a big feud he was being lined up for but he will be back in a month.
    i agree with vince i think it is right to have him put the other two over before he goes,
    plus it'll clear up the title rematch picture with just rey and angle left it could be a nice month, those two put on some great matches, and it'll help mysterio diversify a little more working solely with angle, i think rey needs to stop relying on certain jaded moves like the 619

:o:o meants to say suspended.... he'll be back in 2 months time... smackdown will have moved on.. batista will be back. mark henry might get another title shot :eek: praying that might not happen.... although does any body think that batista is gonna come back and not doing some thing to mark henry... alright i'll be greatfull if that fued never materialises.... but do u think they would back track??? since henry is still saying he took out batista..

as for rey vs angle.... would be very nice indeed :D and no distractions from orton :D woooohooo

and whats this God character about??? i though vince was talking gibberish

I never talk gibberish! lol

Its Vince and Shane v Shawn and God at Backlash.

I never talk gibberish! lol

Its Vince and Shane v Shawn and God at Backlash.

soo in other words a handicap match... unless God can fit into his scedule to come down a wrestle with shawn micheals... miracles can happen.

and coming back to orton

Like Justin Shapiro said on his Raw report: The Big News: WWE's recent big guy hiring policy has peaked, as they have signed God.

God would be a hell of a draw. Vince v God. Interesting.

I can honestly not see Randy come out with those words;“WWE has certain standards of conduct they expect out of all the Superstars on both RAW and SmackDown. Unfortunately, I violated those standards and was not representing WWE the way I should have been. Basically, my conduct was unbecoming of a champion, which is what I will be again when I return.”

Thats solicitor talk! Then again this was a guy who tried to get out of the army by saying he was mentally insane so who knows.

Like Justin Shapiro said on his Raw report: The Big News: WWE's recent big guy hiring policy has peaked, as they have signed God.

God would be a hell of a draw. Vince v God. Interesting.

hmmmm interesting match up :lol:

yup, solicitor talk alright... although it does sound very egotistical

Does Randy look like a guy who has an ego ?! Just a bit of a one I think.

Does Randy look like a guy who has an ego ?! Just a bit of a one I think.

a small bit alright.... :lol:

meh.... might cut his ego down to size for a while.... should be interesting to see how there going to explain why orton is gone for 2 months.... not every body reads wwe.com or the wrestling websites

• Advertisement

It is sad though. Here is a guy that has so much potential and at one time had loads of momentum behind him. Now he's runining all that and his career for just being stupid.

I think Kurt Angle will suplex him silly on next weeks Smackdown. They could have Kurt put him in the angle lock for 10 minutes. Refs all around him trying to let go. Kurt doing the whole "Im a psycho" gimmick. Theres your angle right there. He's out of action for a reason, gives him a feud to come back to and it puts over the angle lock even further.

It is sad though. Here is a guy that has so much potential and at one time had loads of momentum behind him. Now he's runining all that and his career for just being stupid.

I think Kurt Angle will suplex him silly on next weeks Smackdown. They could have Kurt put him in the angle lock for 10 minutes. Refs all around him trying to let go. Kurt doing the whole "Im a psycho" gimmick. Theres your angle right there. He's out of action for a reason, gives him a feud to come back to and it puts over the angle lock even further.

now that would satisfy many people. me included :D love when kurt goes psycho :p

Details are starting to leak out on the reasons behind the 60 day suspension of Randy Orton. Contrary to previous speculations it has nothing to do with drugs, nor does it have anything to do with his behavior towards a woman (which has been an issue in the past).

This time out it seems that it was just an incredibly bad attitude backstage at Wrestlemania 22 that triggered the suspension. In the past Orton has been fined for using the C word to insult women backstage, butt his time he pushed things to far.

The reports suggest that Orton felt that he was "special" and above the rules since he was a main eventer and one time champion. His behavior is so bad that he has been described as the most unpopular people backstage.

The Undertaker (who has always been a locker room leader) is said to despise Orton and wrestlers as varied and respected as Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit and Triple H barely tolerate him.

source:http://pro-wrestling-news.sflare.com/archives/more-details-on-randy-ortons-supsension/

ohhhhh sooo since he's was champion one time, and a main eventer he thinks he has the right to prance around and have an ego and have an attitude.... ohhhhh well that alright then.... nah i think the wwe were totally wrong for suspending him for 2 months :rolleyes: i think they should just hand him the title. it would be a fantastic idea :rolleyes: i never liked orton, after reading this my levels of tolerance for him have just gone way down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i read on rsm that he also broke the cdress code for wm weekend, doesn't seem like a big deal but you can bet wwe nowadays will punish any infrigement of regulations

I think theres alot more to it than that but I read that too. Theres still alot more to come out about it I think or else its just an accumulation of 1 screw up after another.

Like I said an earlier an off the cuff remark by Dave Meltzer (on figure four radio) is that the 60 day suspension is the very minimum he'll receive.

I think they still want to keep him and try get him to change, because he's got the talent. WWE know he's one for the future, but he's got to cop on

Am I the only one who thought HBK was teamin with Mick Foley at Backlash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:

No, I thought that myself but it doesn't look like they're going down that route. :)

Fozzy wrote:
    I think they still want to keep him and try get him to change, because he's got the talent. WWE know he's one for the future, but he's got to cop on

mick foley said in his blog that he wouldnt be wrestling at backlash

Mick Foley says a lot of things

caution a bit of spoiler :rolleyes:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/downwardspiral

WELL, buh bye orton for 2 months hehehehehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

caution a bit of spoiler :rolleyes:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/downwardspiral

WELL, buh bye orton for 2 months hehehehehe:D

Conviently enough:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

very much so

i wonder will his suspension be mentioned by micheal cole and tazz???

not surprized they went down the injury route...

they could have had orton screaming at teddy about him being wwe champion and teddy suspending him there and then.... but the injury is better..... makes orton suffer.... hehehehe

no orton for 2 whole months.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

why cant they just say he got got suspended instead of "breaking his ankle"? load of bull. he's a cocky cnut and the people can see that so they should have played off it.

oh and ^^^^^^^ whats with the sig? someone fancy batista or somethin?

not surprized they went down the injury route...

Of course it was n't since I told you you last week it would happen exactly like that! lol. I was debating whether to mention it not. Self praise is no praise and all that.

Of course it was n't since I told you you last week it would happen exactly like that! lol. I was debating whether to mention it not. Self praise is no praise and all that.

to be fair you did say it last week :D thumbs up

It might be the only think I get right this year so I have to mik it for all its worth.

It might be the only think I get right this year so I have to mik it for all its worth.

ahhhh nah i'll say u might get a couple right this year ;)

I'm sure everyone else agrees......not lol. New prediction: God will no show at Backlash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

evad_lhorg wrote:
    why cant they just say he got got suspended instead of "breaking his ankle"?

Dude dont mean to sound petty, but there's a reason Sunbabe put that in a spoiler. Doesnt take brain surgery for us to figure out how he gets his ankle broken.............. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh what?

oh and to whoever said god will be a no show. I was talkin to fozzy earlier and jokingly he said God will get diqualified but it could happen. lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement