Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTR to float IBB

• 04-04-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Irish Times today says that NTR is considering floating IBB on the Stock Exchange as part of it's plans to concentrate on Renewable Energy and Recycling.

Prob a good way to offload IBB while it is still an attractive investment. Make some money and then leave the new owners to deal with what will be an increasingly uncompetitive concern.

I say in 2 years IBB will no longer be in existance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

irlrobins wrote:
    Irish Times today says that NTR is considering floating IBB on the Stock Exchange as part of it's plans to concentrate on Renewable Energy and Recycling.

Prob a good way to offload IBB while it is still an attractive investment. Make some money and then leave the new owners to deal with what will be an increasingly uncompetitive concern.

I say in 2 years IBB will no longer be in existance.

Well as NTR are getting more involved in the waste disposal business it seemes like a logical move!:rolleyes:

From todays I.Times:
    NTR said yesterday that it was looking at a stock market listing for its Irish Broadband business as it repositions itself as a renewable energy and waste management company.

The infrastructure group, which announced a 33 per cent increase in earnings last year, said it was shifting its strategic focus from developing and operating infrastructure in Ireland. Instead, its new aim is to become "a leading international developer of sustainable solutions in renewable energy and recycling-led waste management"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I wouldnt go as far as saying IBB will not exist!
    Given they dont have a great name at the moment but wireless is the way to go and if perfected by a company could be a great investment for.................well an investor. Id like to see by the time that NTR decided to float them what the state of their network will be? If they can manage to get that to a suitable standard you could see alot of interested parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If NTR are going to IPO IBB then they are going to do everything they can up up the share price by improving things. But certainly and eye should be kept to it, and any potential investors pointed to this board. That way they'll not end up being ripped of, and IBB will hopefully put more effort into improving things so complaints about them on this board die down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I didn't know pooh could float ? :D:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

why dont we all chip in and buy it together, Ive still got my communion money in the credit union..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

novarock wrote:
    why dont we all chip in and buy it together, Ive still got my communion money in the credit union..

good idea I'll set up a paypal account as the IBB IPO fund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Nah. IOFL has put a bid already.
    See:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054913098

Advertisement