Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kilkenny radio

• 05-04-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

new to kk, can anyone tell me what are the local radio stations that everyone listens to please?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

elbaz wrote:
    new to kk, can anyone tell me what are the local radio stations that everyone listens to please?

cheers

Hi Elbaz,
    KCLR is the local,(KK and Carlow) Beat 102 103 covers Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford, Carlow, Tipp. South East Radio, Tipp Fm, Just a few of what the locals listen to.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

so elbaz have you had the Johnny Barry experience yet?

|If you can't get enough of him relax, theres a local rag who has a fan page dedicated to him every week, famous people queuing to have their photogrph taken with a no-body...
    (oops should that be the other way around)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What excatly happended to CKR and Radio Kilkenny? Were they in breach of their licences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, the broadcasting commission changed the local radio broadcast areas (dunno what the correct term is), merging Carlow and Kilkenny and separating Kildare (so they now have Kfm). When Carlow and Kilkenny were merged, CKR and Radio Kilkenny couldn't both exist.

Bond-007 wrote:
    What excatly happended to CKR and Radio Kilkenny? Were they in breach of their licences?

KCLR Won the Licence to run KK/Carlow. Radio KK tried to retain the licence
    but lost out, 10yrs + seems to mean nothing to the BCI.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

djpaul wrote:
    KCLR Won the Licence to run KK/Carlow. Radio KK tried to retain the licence
    but lost out, 10yrs + seems to mean nothing to the BCI.:(

Radio Kilkenny basically lost their license as they re-applied as if Carlow did not exist.

Everyone was well aware in advance what the BCIs plans were - i.e. to seperate Kildare and merge Carlow/Kilkenny.

Having 10+ years experience means nothing unless you are prepared to evolve with the times and move on.

Radio Kilkenny as the incumbent had the best chance of securing the license if only they had made their application more inclusive of extended Carlow franchise area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Radio Kilkenny was **** TBH.

Lump wrote:
    Radio Kilkenny was **** TBH.

Will the same be said about KCLR 10 years?

mick_irl wrote:
    Radio Kilkenny basically lost their license as they re-applied as if Carlow did not exist.

Radio Kilkenny as the incumbent had the best chance of securing the license if only they had made their application more inclusive of extended Carlow franchise area.

Yep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

djpaul wrote:
    Will the same be said about KCLR 10 years?

I assume you're asking "Will the same be said about KCLR in 10 years?" Well it won't be said by me, because I'm living in London now, where as I had to suffer Radio Kilkenny while working in Statoil/The Jet, and it did my head in.

John

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    I assume you're asking "Will the same be said about KCLR in 10 years?" Well it won't be said by me, because I'm living in London now, where as I had to suffer Radio Kilkenny while working in Statoil/The Jet, and it did my head in.

John

Hi John,
    Did you work day or night in statoil/jet ?

Advertisement