Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribers

Options
  • 05-04-2006 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

I thought that I had asked this question before but, do subscribers get a notification when their subscription is up? Or nearly up? I thought they (we) did.

I just noticed this morning that my PM allocation has reverted to the minimum (300) and that my access to the Subs forum has been denied. I also noticed that the subscribers option has dissapeared from my subbed list!!

Any ideas? Should I just click on the subscribers link or is there another option?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I dont think so. I never got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nope, I never got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

How do we manually check the expiry of our subscription now that you mention it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

HavoK wrote:
    How do we manually check the expiry of our subscription now that you mention it?
    Click UserCP, then click Paid Subscriptions on the menu down the left side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I didn't get notification, just re-subscribed on the day mine was up.

No one could answer if there was overlap, so I just waited.

Also, I think, it will automatically re-subscribe through PayPal next year, or at the end of whatever subscription package you take out. That's the jist I got from the thing anyway.

Sub forum? Who uses it anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Oddly enough I just got an email remding me that my sub was about to end in 2 days time.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I resubscribed a few days before my subscription was up there and it overlapped the old subscription. I think I did get an email to notify me, but I couldn't be sure.

The other thing is that the paypal receipt I got seemed to say that the subscription would automatically renew itself next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The other thing is that the paypal receipt I got seemed to say that the subscription would automatically renew itself next year as well.
    I recieved the same text in my email confirmation this morning.

"Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
    If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact Boards.ie Limited."

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I've gotten reminders that my subscription is up at the end of both 3 mth periods. I renewed it once I got it and I'm fairly sure that the subscriptions overlapped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got an email two or three days before it was up.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

With the very first subscribers, they might not get the mail. All others should get a reminder though I didnt realise that it auto resubscribes. I guess thats not a big problem and might be considered a bonus but if anyone gets resubscribed when they didnt intend to and lets me know within the first week, we'll refund their subscription.

DeV.

Advertisement