Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n-i-m-p

Options
  • 05-04-2006 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this has been asked before (linking to the other thread and lockage will be seen as ample!) but can someone explain the derogatory (or otherwise) value of "n-i-m-p" (without dashes, obviously)?

I think it's only ever seen in the word u****ortant (bit of a Scunthorpe syndrome with **** on some other boards) and I have never even heard the term, let alone in a derogatory sense... can someone explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The above post itself shows another disparity: why is c-u-n-t barred on its own but not as part of another word (i.e. Scunthorpe), but yet n-i-m-p is even filtered out from u****ortant?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure about Scunthorpe (maybe it's a word that has been forced to not be censored), but n*mp is due to a website that contains particularly malicious content. Hence censoring it disables its existance on boards.

Advertisement