Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder epg?

• 05-04-2006 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Still havent decided on a DVDHD recorder....Its going to be a pioneer. But can anyone tell me if the 533H's Guideplus will work here? Ive asked before but varied answers! So, has anyone got a 533H and does Guideplus work? If so i think I will go with it; in Savins in Limerick today I was told it (and others) will be reduced over Easter weeknd as new models arrive.

However if the Guideplus doesnt work, Id be as well off with the 433H. Any has anyone come across this gadget, which if it works, turns everything into a PVR, no need to set timers. Heres the link:

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/phantomplus_pvr.htm

Regards

K

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have the phantom, got it in maplins on recommendation. I think it's brilliant. Use it with sky and my targa dvd hdd recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hey Hawthorn,

I think branners69 has a Pioneer DVD recorder if my memory serves me

....wanders off to search past threads....

Yep
    Pioneer 530
    In this thread somewhere:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51119882#post51119882

You could send him a PM - but he's usually posting of this forum fairly regularly.

Regards

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

MarkR wrote:
    I have the phantom, got it in maplins on recommendation. I think it's brilliant. Use it with sky and my targa dvd hdd recorder.

Does that only work with Sky or does it work with NTL Digital too?

hawthorn, I have the Pioneer 433H and I find it excelent. I predominantly use XP and SP (highest quality) settings and the recorded picture is excelent. Burnt a few DVD's too and they work fine on any DVD player that I have tried.

I think the 530 has a bigger HD (160 as opposed to 80gb in the 433) and the Pioneers are less supportive of writing to + formats and RAM than eg the Panasonic EH50.

L.

I don't know would it work with NTL i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Thanks all, great help. Its great to know that the Phantom works here. And its in Maplins?? Dublin I presume. Well I can give Limerick and Galway a ring, theyre nearer.

The Pioneer, I thought it writes to DVD- only? So if I was getting a cheap DVD plater for bedroom etc it would have to be a DVD- to play anything recorded on the Pioneer...? Great to hear good reviews "live" about the Pioneer. Best or cheapest even, place to get them??

Many thanks

h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It writes to -r and -rw for definite. Most players play all formats possibly with the exception of RAM disks.

If you record in Video Mode onto a -r disk i think that you will be pretty much guaranteed that it will play on any recent DVD player.

I got the 433 from Richersounds on the internet. Very prompt service and good price. Answered any questions via email too. Tis listed at €369.99, with the 530 at €479.99. These are also Multiregion ones, I saw some R2 433's in DID or somewhere like that without a price on them.

L.

I got mine in the limerick branch. Right hand wall before all the DJ stuff, near tv senders. It was the last one at the time, but they could order one for you I suppose.

Actually, just spotted this morning that it's available in the Argos catalogue. Costs 60 there though. Think was 50 in maplins.

Advertisement