Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl digital sony vaio setup

• 05-04-2006 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi -

I've been trying to hook up my ntl digital to my vaio pc which doubles as a tv. I contacted sony and they said I needed a scart lead which ends with three connectors (red, yellow and white) that connect to the Vaio.

I can receive all the terrestrial channels if I hook it up via the regular rf-out connector, but receive nothing using the scart lead, and this after much hair pulling.

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Make sure you have the correct scart lead , these are directional , some are meant to take in a signal to the TV/PC and some take out a signal from the TV/PC. You most likely have the wrong one ,
    You can get scarts with a switch that flip over incoming and outgoing connections , see if you can find one of these.
    Most electrical shops have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gforces

andy1249 wrote:
    Make sure you have the correct scart lead , these are directional , some are meant to take in a signal to the TV/PC and some take out a signal from the TV/PC. You most likely have the wrong one ,
    You can get scarts with a switch that flip over incoming and outgoing connections , see if you can find one of these.
    Most electrical shops have them.

Thanks, I will try that.

Advertisement