Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand lid, would you buy one?

• 05-04-2006 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I bought a really nice helmet about 4 years ago. I spent a good bit on it cos I do believe the more you spend the safer it'll be, and it's a got a deadly paint job (dark chrome all over).

My question is, I want to buy a new helmet when I get my new bike, and I don't see myself using the old one much. Would someone even buy it? Would you buy a second hand lid? I wouldn't...

I've been very careful with it, it's never had a knock, been dropped or anything. I've kept it in it's bag when not in use since I bought it. But I still wouldn't buy it off of someone offering those assurances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i wouldnt buy one,
    and no one ever should buy a seeocnd hand lid.

for all your assurances in the world,
    ill never be 100% certain that the time you banged it off the door leveing the hosue didnt damage it.

and so on and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

I normally change my helmets after 4 years, I definitely wouldnt buy a secondhand helmet 4 years old. I might consider a secondhand helmet if I knew the person well and it was only a few months old, that way I could trust them if they said it wasnt dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

if you have a second hand head , then use a second hand helmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I wouldnt use a second hand helmet, even if it was worth 5000, and you were giving it to me free ..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would never buy one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

No.

I think I see a pattern here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

No! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

right. than answers my question ;)