Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIG NEWS AT SMACKDOWN (for me anyway)

• 05-04-2006 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I know people hate spoilers, but screw it anyway.
    KING OF THE RING IS BACK!!!!

(sorry, had to stick in all the dots there, otherwise the spoiler was showing up when you rolled over the title)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

swwwweeeeeeeeeettttttttt always loved that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

angle will win this year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Why would Angle win? He's as over as you can get. He doesn't need the KOTR ring at all, it's more about building up stars for the future. I'd take a guess at it being someone who hasn't got a decent push in a while, it'd be a good way to get them back into the thick of things, as long as they're decent.. Stevie Richards would be my choice!

I'd like if they had more than just the final on ppv. It was always better when they had the full 3 rounds on the show

EDIT: Haha, the smiley beside where you said "Angle will win" hadn't loaded when I started replying, so I hope you were actually joking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bobby Lashley should at least get a good run in it. Maybe he's not ready to get pushed too fast yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What, only Smackdown stars will be able to participate? It was inter-brand when Lesnar won it.

If only Smackdown stars can wrestle in it then I would like to see Booker T win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I hope its not only Smackdown stars. I remember one year literally every superstar had a shot at qualifying and matches went on for weeks. They had loads of mini feuds like Jeff Vs Matt, Chyna Vs Eddie (when they were together), Crash Vs Hardcore etc. I hope they build it up as much this year. Oh using both brands as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I hope they drop the number 1 contender stipulation that they had when brock won it. It makes the winner a bit too predictable (like the rumble)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Cactus Col wrote:
    I hope they drop the number 1 contender stipulation that they had when brock won it. It makes the winner a bit too predictable (like the rumble)

Agreed, they should really try to make it mean something again! Not just as a , "he will go one to win the title" thing, but something in it's own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

My Prediction - Mrrrrrr. Kennedy

Kennedy (if he's back from injury- i sure hope he is)

Fozzy wrote:

EDIT: Haha, the smiley beside where you said "Angle will win" hadn't loaded when I started replying, so I hope you were actually joking!

:lol: no to angle winning. naw i would like lashley to win.... time for the man to step up to the plate.

cant see any of the main event guys stepping up here... unless angle gets to the final. and if it's just a smackdown event. angle vs lashley... and have lashley come out on top.... if it's a smackdown and raw type thing, then i really dont know....

although mr kennedy is another guy that i would like to see win it..... cant wait to see him come back as well.. he's after disappearing in the last couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I personaly hope it's not lashley, only because I think that'd be quite predictable, I'd love to see finlay get it, or equally booker or benoit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If Rey can fin the World Heavey Weight Tital. London can win the KOTR but thats not looking likly at the moment cus it looks like hes gonna get a push in the tag devision with kendric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Exclamation

I Think WWE Are bringing Matt Up As A Big Star- He Will Win The KOTR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Not a big fan of the method they used in the last few KOTR with "qualifiers" goin on wks beforehand and then only the semi's and finals on the night of the PPV. I personally enjoyed when they had to go through 3 or 4 men to win.
    Made it a lot more exciting.

if angle gets to the final of king of the ring... and he'll probably be against lashley, then does that mean we could see batista vs rey for the wwe title??? or maybe it's CHRIS BENOIT time to step up.

Advertisement