Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice In Chains - New Vocalist

• 05-04-2006 10:04am

So has anyone heard the new vocalist??
    Have they played live yet??
    Whats his old band like??

to be honest, im fairly skeptical, il have to hear some tracks with him singing first, but im still skeptical about the whole idea in general

its been happening a lot recently (old bands reuniting under the same name with a new singer) The Doors, Queen, Thin Lizzy............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sch!Sm

I dont know if i'd want to hear alice in chains with a new vocalist, they were a good band but it wouldnt be the same without staley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

They haven't decided on one yet i don't think

Yes,they have played live with Phil Anselmo,William Duvall,Maynard from tool,Pat Lachman and Wes Scantlin all for various songs
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Wes Scantlin being a good choice imo but jerry cantrell should just sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

While I'm always sceptical about new vocalists being intorduced into bands, all my favourite AiC songs are sung by Cantrell so I'm not too bothered. Still though it would be weird hearing the Staley songs sung by someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

i heard the ones with Phil and they sounded very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I heard Henry Rollins rumored somewhere, cant remember where though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Wtf?? i never even heard about this!!
    I know im overly cynical but this always smacks as money making to me. I loved AiC as a teenager and still do, i dont think i could listen to stuff like i stay away, nutshell, or rotten apple sung by anyone but staley. Id agree with cantrell jsut taking over main vocals as hes a great singer but come on, layne staley had one of the most distinctive voices in rock, cant be replaced, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'd love to hear something performed by Phil Anselmo or Pat Lachman, but I think Jerry Cantrell is pretty well suited to it. I have Degradation Trip, his vocals aren't too disimilar to Layne's.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Layne was AIC
    you can't replace him

Heard Cantrells solo albums.............i reckon his voice would suit perfect for all the alice in chains stuff, theyd probably need another guitarist though, but i reckon that would be a better idea than a new vocalist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Last I heard, it was almost 99% confirmed Maynard from tool was going to be the new singer. Although Id love to see and be at an Alice in Chians gig, I just dont think it would be same. Same as I would have loved to say Ive seen GnR, but there isnt a chance Im going to gig in summer, its not the real GnR at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

maynard sang with them at a gig last year ,out of the blue he was there concert,i heard the recording it was ok.though i doubt it will be maynard as tool are touring this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

it was reported on Blabbermouth.net yesterday that William Duvall will be AIC's vocalist for their Us tour and European dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

I got an email from the AIC mailing list confirming that DuVall will be the vocalist.

His name doesn't ring a bell, what band is/was he in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

He is in a band called Comes With The Fall, I haven't heard any of their stuff.

Thanks, never heard of them either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

Yeah its gonna be weird hearing AIC in concert with another singer. Laynes voice was so different and deep! Im going to the Metalica gig and looking forward to seeing AIC, but it will be weird! I also thought the singer from Tool was going to be AICs new singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Thanks, never heard of them either though.
    He's also sung with Cantrell's band.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Looking forward to seeing them at Graspop. For me AIC was always about Cantrell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I've listened to Come With The Fall and they're actually a pretty decent band, well worth checking out

Advertisement