Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paye

Options
  • 05-04-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it's the closest I could find.

I'm seriously looking at doing a evening course in college starting in September, the cost is €1,800 a year plus membership fee's for the CIPD (another couple of hundred). Since the course is not related to my current role I seriously doubt if work is going to pay for it. My fincinal situation is tight enough so spending >€2,000 in a few months is pretty daunting.

Is it possible to right off the college fees against my PAYE?
    I know complaies can get training allowances from the goverment but can an individual do it also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No you cant write off the fees against your Paye.

Although if the course is revenue approved you can claim relief at the standard rate on the fees.

Find out if the course is revenue approved or the college is revenue approved and then obtain a receipt from the college for submission with your P60 at the end of the year and request a P21 balancing statement and then the relief will be granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

gillo wrote:
    Since the course is not related to my current role I seriously doubt if work is going to pay for it. .

See if you can get work to pay for the course off the top of your salary - they save PRSI, you save the PAYE end. It's avoidance;)

Advertisement