Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Well - Flow Rate

Options
  • 05-04-2006 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I was just wondering what is the recommened minimum flow rate on a domestic well, or how much water would an average family use in a day. I've been looking at a well source heat pump which apparently requires a flow rate of 45 litres a minute. I know I have an extremely good well (not bored) with massive storage ie approx 10/12 ft deep by eight foot accross, but there is no way there is a flow rate of 45l per min. Is 45l per min normal, or is it normal in a bored well. I would have thought mine was closer to 4.5l per min (at very best) which would mean 6.5K litres per day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 quattfa3

For wastewater systems the figure is 180L per person per day. Upped if people are using kitchen grinders.

So if the average family is mommy, daddy and 2.5 kids the figure is 810 (the point being that kids count as full people not fractions).

Are you sure that the system requires a sustained flow rate of 45 litres a minute. Could it be intermittent?

If it is sustained it sounds like a lot. You could get a pump test carried out on your well to see if the draw down and recovery levels are sustainable.

Advertisement