Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Question

Options
  • 05-04-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some help here. I have to create a report three times a week and I only know how to do this manually.
    Basically I have spreadsheet A with following;
    A B C D
    Week No. Code Staff Number Bonus

Spreadsheet B has following;
    A B C D E F G
    Week No. Code Staff Number hours Overtime Hols Bonus

Basically I need to insert colum D sheet 1 infor to Colum G sheet 2. Is there any formula to make this easier??

thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Couple of options

Simply click the top cell (destination cell) click on the = in the formula bar then click on the cell(assume this is what u mean by manual)

Macros(you dont want to do that but powerfull enough to do it all automatically)

vlookup() this is if you need to match things up in neat tables http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

Im not sure from your text but vlookup looks like ur best bet would need to see the sheet and obviously you cant post ur satffs details on boards

Advertisement