Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pub grub where do u go?!

• 05-04-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

for dinner or just want something to snack on ?

personally i like the gingerman but the menu isnt great

i find the 3shippes (so far) the best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Oskars is my favourite. The food is always good and its within walking distance of my house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

the last time I was in the Gingerman the food wasn't the best. Can't remember what I ordered but It was supposed to be hot but it came cold.

I like the Stand and T&H Doolan's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Revolution and Plan B are the business (although that said I havent been in Plan B in a while)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mccual

Esquire in Tramore or Mcalpines in Cheekpoint for dinner but I’m a veggie so really not qualified to comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oskars has gone very much downhill since their last person in charge of catering left!

Gingerman used be the job too, great bagels!

T&H's are alright. My personal favourite is (It's not a pub though) The Pantry. Great food in there, but you have to be there before the crowd! Check out thr Fajitas in there too! Best about - plus you get to roll them yourself! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

You cant go wrong with tht Halfway House on the tramore road imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

meldrew wrote:
    You cant go wrong with tht Halfway House on the tramore road imo

Ahh my local.. but havent had food in there in ages.. is it that good?

Revolution is pretty good for food and they serve till all hours during the week. Geoffs have lovely food too.. not your typical stuff either, all very tasty and substantial too..

Heard mixed reviews of the Old Stand and Oscars (soon to be my local) has gone down hill bigtime..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

sea horse in tramore is the business tbh! i do quite enjoy oskars aswell altho can be a a bit iffy at times, dont like the carvery out there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As other have already said, Revolution is excellent and its also very reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Three Shippes is excellent, the Bowery (The Reg) use to be good but since the last change in ownership it's gone downhill. The Belfry also does good food all day, Chowder is substantial if a little salty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

I like The Showboat and The Brasscock. I've quit going to Oscars, it's gone downhill. Not a pub but a regular haunt for lunch is Kambo. We're off there shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Geoffs is top notch. Plan B was great when it was Flashes but went down hill fast after the change. Had decent food in the last year and a bit in the Gingerman and Revolution too. The Bank is variable, but handy when it's nearby. The Kasbah, iirc, has decent food during the day, but it's been a while since I was in there...

Advertisement