Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Hearts

• 05-04-2006 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Probably discussed already so apologies.

Is it true a lot of Tims want Hearts to win ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i can only see one winner on this game,celtic
    by tims you mean rangers i think,i would say rangers want celtic to win so they can get second spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pal wrote:
    Is it true a lot of Tims want Hearts to win ?
    Certainly not. Personally, living in Ireland, I almost hate Hearts as much as Rangers at this stage. They are basically the Rangers of Edinburgh. :) If I lived in Glasgow I'm sure I'd feel different. Here's the view of Celtic fans on the subject:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26894

Obviously ziggy feels different though. :) Get the league done and over with so the likes of Marshall, Pearson and McGeady can get a run in the team.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

county wrote:
    i can only see one winner on this game,celtic
    by tims you mean rangers i think,i would say rangers want celtic to win so they can get second spot

Other way round. Tims are Celtic fans, and they would potentially want hearts to win so that rangers don't get second, and the celts are going to win the league anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I'm a Tim too. Hope Hearts win tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

No have decent supporter wants his team to loose any game, if the Jamboos want to finish second let them do the business themselfs. They play Celtic twice and Rankers once before the end of the season so if they cannot do the biz themself`s they are not good enough. Celtic for there part don`t even try to loose frendly`s or testimonials thats one reason they are sought out at the start of seasons for these games. Imagine Utd leaving City win or Arsenal leaving Spurs win :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Well, I hope Celtic win tonight.

As for 2nd, I hope the best team gets it. Hearts, who are Chelsea-like with foriegn money coming in and changing their fortunes, if they get 2nd, would help continue their momentum.

Overall, I think 3 clubs challenging for the top spot in Scotland is better for the sport there and the spectators, as it was during the Aberdeen era in the 80's.

redspider

One good thing that would come out of Hearts finishing 2nd is Gretna are then guaranteed UEFA cup football next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

eirebhoy wrote:
    One good thing that would come out of Hearts finishing 2nd is Gretna are then guaranteed UEFA cup football next season.

couldnt agree more:D

If you put Pal's original question in reverse, most Rangers fans will be hoping Celtic win the league tonight for the first time ever. :D

I'm looking forward to this. Build up starts at 7.00 which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, why are catholics called Tims?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is why

Tim is a derogotary term for Scottish Catholics in Glasgow, particularly Celtic football fans. The term may be derived from the name of the 1920s Catholic street gang known as the Tim Malloys in the Calton district. Another theory is that it is an anglicisation of the term Tadhg or Taig as a common name for Irish immigrants in Glasgow.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_(insult)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Congratulations to the Bhoys and Gordon Strachan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does this mean Celtic 'fans' will disappear again until mid summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

5starpool wrote:
    Other way round. Tims are Celtic fans, and they would potentially want hearts to win so that rangers don't get second, and the celts are going to win the league anyhow.

ok now i am in the know

Crap performance. Great to see McGeady back though, he should be ripping teams apart now until the ends of the season after being sitting in the stands for so long. Its the first time I seen Celtic more than half empty come the final whistle. It was also the best atmosphere at Celtic Park with the exception of European and Old Firm matches in years.

btw, doesn't Billy Connolly have a seat for life at CP? He turns up about once a year. :)

Congrats to Celtic. An easy title win this year. The Hearts challenge fizzled out with the Burley shenanigans and the Rangers challenge was below par from an early stage.

As always, the litmus test is the Champions League and that test will start again next year. Better results are needed.

redspider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

eirebhoy wrote:

That I would like to see ;)

Is that chap Samaras of Man City any good? According to Celtic's chief scout, Ray Clarke, they were close to signing him in January but weren't willing to pay such a high fee.

I really hope Barca win this champions league as they're the only team left guaranteed of qualifying for the CL through their league. Villarreal won't and Arsenal won't. If Celtic are guaranteed a place in the CL I feel the board will be less reluctant to give Strachan money. Judging by Clarke's comments there will definitely be a bit available:

Clarke said: "We are looking at players but don't want to sign the ordinary ones. We want players who can help us make an impact in the Champions League.

"We have opened talks with one or two people, but things are still at an early stage. With all our contacts, I would say we have a short-list of 25 players from all over the world.

"We watched Samaras three or four times. We liked him, but his club (Heerenveen) wanted something like £6m and a 25% sell-on. The club said they would back me with the money if I thought he was the right player, but I felt it was a big investment on a player still relatively unproven at the top level. If we could have got him for £2.5m I would have told the club to take the chance.

"There was another player from one of the Baltic states, but, unless you are sure, you can't afford to gamble."

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is that chap Samaras of Man City any good?

He's reasonable and might do well in the SPL, but I wouldnt put him in a team that has CL quarter-final ambitions, which is what Celtic should be aiming at each season to progress the club.

He sort of reminds me of an Angel (the chap at Aston Villa), some good technical ability at times but frustrating to watch at times.

Celtic need another Larsson find .... where oh where to get one though?

redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is that chap Samaras of Man City any good?
    Hard to tell at this stage, he only played a few games for Man City before getting injured, he's still not 100% but is playing again due to the lengthy injury list. The last time he tried something like that, he missed the quarter final against West Ham. Seems to be a good target man, powerful with quick feet. In time he could become a 15 goal a season guy, we'll see how it goes.
    If Zurawski is anything to go by, he would be a top signing for an SPL side, similar player only bigger and a little slower because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

It's quite funny hearing the Jambo's whine about the apparent "Penalty" decision - Balde clearly got the ball and it was never a Penalty.
    Bednar and Skacel are both divers - their reputation has pre-ceded them, and if they continue to dive as they do then they'll lose out on Genuine penalty decisions, as the Refs won't believe them when they go to ground (where they spend a lot of their time).

Advertisement