Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WooHoo Arts Day!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've actually gotten hold of the original plan for Arts day (keep it a secret):

Orts Day

7.30-9.30 Street selections (just who is a hot randomer?)
    11.00: Brunch with selectors (restaurant - to get ish on, loike!)
    12.00: 5 a-side hair and make-up tournament (Prestige bitches, Student Centre)
    13.00: Comedy Debate [Having morals vs Being an Orts girl] (Arts Block)
    13.00: Film: Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory ( Arts Block)
    16.00: DJ and Games (with togas!) (Student Bar)
    19.30: Open Air Film: Mean Girls [Filmsoc](The Pit, Centre Club)
    20.30: Karaoke (with Bondi-price drinks) [UCD Ents] (Student Bar)
    23.00: Shindig (Crawdaddy -Tkts €6 on sale outside ThL - Dara O'Briain will be there!!! BRING a TOGA!)

...and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

thats not very nice MNG!!!

Oh and if anyones outside the dáil from 7.30am tomorrow I'll be the blonde looking for yer money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I really wish they'd give out stickers when they collect for things in UCD. You give at some point along the route in in the car usually, then again when you're walking across campus, and then feel like a b*tch for the rest of the day cos you're like 'ya got me already' and they don't believe you, well I bet they don't believe me cos I get all embarrassed so I look like I'm lying.

carry loads a five cent coins round with ya!!

Obviously I'm not condoning this... :D

They'd be far likely to make money from people giving a couple of euro once than a pile of coppers every hour or so just to avoid looking like a scab. It couldn't be that expensive to get stickers printed and they already have outgoings with the karaoke and stuff so it'd be very little extra...they could possibly even get them donated? Sorry for being all complainy, I just don't like looking like a scab and normally end up handing over way too much cash during the course of these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I've actually gotten hold of the original plan for Arts day (keep it a secret):

Orts Day

7.30-9.30 Street selections (just who is a hot randomer?)
    11.00: Brunch with selectors (restaurant - to get ish on, loike!)
    12.00: 5 a-side hair and make-up tournament (Prestige bitches, Student Centre)
    13.00: Comedy Debate [Having morals vs Being an Orts girl] (Arts Block)
    13.00: Film: Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory ( Arts Block)
    16.00: DJ and Games (with togas!) (Student Bar)
    19.30: Open Air Film: Mean Girls [Filmsoc](The Pit, Centre Club)
    20.30: Karaoke (with Bondi-price drinks) [UCD Ents] (Student Bar)
    23.00: Shindig (Crawdaddy -Tkts €6 on sale outside ThL - Dara O'Briain will be there!!! BRING a TOGA!)

...and so forth.

Bravo Mr.Nice Guy! :)

TBH if there's any event that goes along the lines of blowing up the Orts building in some shape or form then I think the day would actually be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Anyone heading to the Karaoke? I'd love to belt out a tune, I'm thinking maybe a Take That number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

elmyra wrote:
    Boo yeah! Score one for the debate nerds (by which I mean the society, not you Waltons). See ya there....I mean, the likelihood of me recognising you is around nil, but I'm sure I'll see ya!

I've been pressurised into going :p One of my friends is doing...correspondence. Or records...something at the start anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

law is pretty inbred aswell.

edit- because we're all stuck in roebuck together. Makes for great friends though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Ireland in general is pretty inbred really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Anyone heading to the Karaoke? I'd love to belt out a tune, I'm thinking maybe a Take That number...
    Take that! *belts poster*

Waltons wrote:
    I've been pressurised into going :p One of my friends is doing...correspondence. Or records...something at the start anyway

Law Soc or LnH? I know the two L n H guys and I'd probably know the law soc guys if I'd read the committee list yet..

L n H, I think! Hugh.

Yep L&H, I know Hugh, he's lovely! He's Records.

Scraggs wrote:
    thats not very nice MNG!!!

Oh and if anyones outside the dáil from 7.30am tomorrow I'll be the blonde looking for yer money!!

How did it go? I was really nice to the girl at the traffic lights of Fosters Ave so hopefully I've created good karma and will be left alone for the rest of the day.

Thanks for caring Elmyra! It went very well I think, I've lost feeling in my hands but otherwise its all good. I seemed to get more punters the more cold and desperate I looked..I was literally shaking with the cold...

Scraggs wrote:
    Thanks for caring Elmyra! It went very well I think, I've lost feeling in my hands but otherwise its all good. I seemed to get more punters the more cold and desperate I looked..I was literally shaking with the cold...

Aw, God love ya chicken it was a very cold morning alright, was barely able to choose between keeping the heat in the car and letting down the window for my free Metro! I hope you raised lots anyway.

Waltons wrote:
    L n H, I think! Hugh.

He was brilliant! I love the song. Walked right by ya!

Me Humbert and Panda were at it it was so funny.... I particularly liked the 'what an arts degree has in common with a commerce student' joke...I'm gonna be using that on my flatmates. That song was hilarious also!

Scraggs wrote:
    Me Humbert and Panda were at it it was so funny.... I particularly liked the 'what an arts degree has in common with a commerce student' joke...I'm gonna be using that on my flatmates. That song was hilarious also!

I saw ye and I waved :(

• Advertisement

well I waved at the back of your head but ya didnt see me....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm blind, I saw waltons but not elmyra!

Scraggs wrote:
    well I waved at the back of your head but ya didnt see me....:D

You seem to have a habit of doing that, I think!

Debate was a good laugh. Loved Hugh's song and Luke's speech. Hilariously insulting :D
    Did see Scraggs, Humbert and Panda but, alas, didn't get to say hi.
    Hadn't met you before, elmyra, and I can't remember what you look like :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I was at the debate. Saw none of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

you must have come late?

Waltons wrote:
    You seem to have a habit of doing that, I think!

Debate was a good laugh. Loved Hugh's song and Luke's speech. Hilariously insulting :D
    Did see Scraggs, Humbert and Panda but, alas, didn't get to say hi.
    Hadn't met you before, elmyra, and I can't remember what you look like :o

At the end I ran up the steps by you when you were standing on your own like a big loner :p

I'll say hi next time

humbert wrote:
    you must have come late?

there's a word for people like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I was at the debate. Saw none of you.

This is the same man who walked into the Porterhouse Central and walked straight past us as I waved in his face.

:p

elmyra wrote:
    there's a word for people like that
    tardy?

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    tardy?

lmao. ok...if you want to keep it clean

Advertisement