Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newby questions

• 05-04-2006 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Two questions:

1) The doc on Galactica - who is he? It's driving me crazy!

2) The note saying 'there are 12 models' left in Adama's room at the end of the mini series - who left it? Is it something I didn't click or will telling me give awaya a spoiler?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Da Vinci's Inquest - thats what he was in.
    and Danger Bay - remember ith the otter and the kids and stuff

he does get around though - donnelly rhodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

quad_red wrote:
    2) The note saying 'there are 12 models' left in Adama's room at the end of the mini series - who left it? Is it something I didn't click or will telling me give awaya a spoiler?
    I don't think it's ever actually stated. But it seems to be implied that it was Baltar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

jabberwock wrote:
    Danger Bay[/URL]

Legend!!

That's it.

So you think it was Baltar - why would he do it though? He doesn't seem to really want to out or identify the cylons at all. He only starts work on the cylon detector when proded by adama and shouted at by the no.6 in his head (when he amusingly shrieks like a little girl)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I thought that note was a bit odd myself. I think its deliberately left open to add to the paranoid vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I thought that it was implied that it was baltar too....though it does conflict somewhat with his character, I felt that in some way he was trying to make up for his part in the holocaust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ok so i've started to watch this now, I thought it was going to be another stargate but its better then that.

how has nobody challenge the Doc properly, he's clearly insane, people constantly see him talking to someone and acting strange and he is still walking around screwing up humanity's chance for survival, la di da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd say most people just figure he's an eccentric genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

how has nobody challenge the Doc properly, he's clearly insane, people constantly see him talking to someone and acting strange and he is still walking around screwing up humanity's chance for survival, la di da.
    Doctor Baltar you mean? And not Major Cottle, the ship's doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

Baltar is nearly in that classic double agent dilemma. On the one hand, the Cylons might reveal the part he inadvertently played in their victory. On the other, he's a human and has to have some residual loyality to his species. Add on his eccentric nature, and in my opinion you get one of the most interesting characters in the series.

Advertisement