Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question...

Options
  • 05-04-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

So, like, I was browsing the forum and read an amusing post. But then, like, out of no where, WHAM! Like total bannage! I was like OMGWTFPWND?!
    So what's the story, what was the actual reason for the banning?

Was it just a moderator power tripping? Or something more? Certainly nothing in the post seem to indicate to me, and I've just read the board charter, that it was out of line. If the former, who moderates the moderators?

And before you get all heavy handed and ban me for the tone of the post following on from the one I read, these are honest questions, to which I certainly, and I'm sure some others would like to know the answer to. But they're probably quivering in the +2 int boots for phear of bannage. :)

If you're curious the amusing post was Caliden's flight paths one. I probably found it amusing cause I only got my net connection sorted last night and came across the new flight paths for the first time < 24 hours ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Maybe it wasn't clear, but there has been a lot of stuff said towards bartonprince, and that thread was just another one started to mock him. It wasn't a serious thread.

I have no interest in banning people or "power tripping", in fact the less interaction needed from mods the better imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Okay, thank you. And since reading your explanation I've scanned through 10 or 12 other applicable threads and see where you were coming from. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah I see how it might have been a bit confusing, without a frame of reference (so to speak) it looks pretty odd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I'm ... erm ... .... what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Look behind you, a three headed monkey!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its been like a creche in this forum lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I love short shorts.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

na na na na naaa naaaa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

"durotar, they got em all over the place"

Advertisement