Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value of a 00 Seat Toledo TDI?

Options
  • 05-04-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

A friend is thinking of selling his 00 Toledo TDI. The car has 65,000 miles, and is in good to very good condition. What do you think he might reasonably ask for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ronoc wrote:

I've done all that. As you probably know, advertised prices vary wildly. What I'm wondering is whether anyone here has bought, or knows anyone who has bought, a similar car recently and, if so, what kind of money they ended up paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon €5500 - € 6000

Thanks for that colm, that was the kind of figure I'd had in my head too. I wonder would it be an easy enough car to sell? Being a TDI would help, I suppose.

Ideal farmers car, a modern day VW Jetta (I know there IS a modern day Jetta but you know what I mean!)
    Unrivalled hay bale capacity and "quare powerful" TDI engine make it a winner in certain parts of the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anan1 wrote:
    Thanks for that colm, that was the kind of figure I'd had in my head too. I wonder would it be an easy enough car to sell? Being a TDI would help, I suppose.

Being the TDi version and only having 65k miles on a six year old diesel should make it easy enough to sell. The Toledo was alot better equipped back then than the VW Bora/Golf on which it is based. I reckon you should get close to your asking price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Being the TDi version and only having 65k miles on a six year old diesel should make it easy enough to sell

My thoughts too, especially if you put a realistic price tag on it as per Colm's range

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

what TDI engine is in it? 90, 110?

Toledos were usually 90

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:
    what TDI engine is in it? 90, 110?

Doubt that has any substantial impact on value, maybe a couple of hundred

• Advertisement

agreed, most buyers will be going on condition.

Thanks for that, everyone. I'll put it in FS Motors too as soon as it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

110's usually came in the Signum spec, with a few more goodies. I'd reckon they'd still be worth 400 - 500 more than the 90hp stella. Good cars, very easy on the pocket to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

im driving a 1.8 20v 99 toledo signum with 100,000miles and its worth **** all to garages on a trade in, they offering about 2500-3500 depending on garage. Its in perfect condition,
    Pity :(

fuel consumption and insurance costs, plus the fact that it's not particularly sporty could be the reason for the poor trade in

Was just talking to the owner of this one, and he reckons it's worth at least €7,000. I've seen them up to €8,500 and with higher mileage, but also a bit cheaper. Does 7k sound over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

A friend of mine bought one of these from a co-worker a few weeks back.
    85k miles, 90hp stella, paid €6.5k for it. The car was 1 owner from new, excellent condition.
    He was happy to pay this for it, as he knew the car and its owner from new.

If its the 110 signum spec, then its worth (in my opinion) 400 -500 more.

If I were selling, I'd ask just under the 7k mark, say 6,900 or thereabouts, and be prepared to come to 6,500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

1.8 20v 99 toledo signum with 100,000miles - 3500 sounds fair enough for that. Couldnt see you getting any more esp with the engine size, mileage and year.

a lot of car for €3500 at the same time!

I'm posting the car in FS motors now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement