Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot

Options
  • 05-04-2006 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a house on O'Hogan Road in Ballyfermot but I dont know much about the area at all. I know the Ballyfermot Drive area but not around here. Would anyone recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

O Hogan,hmm is this the Cul de sac one? There is a park near by it also.Was working up there during the day and it seemed quiet,the usual alcoholics walking in and out of the park. Have you gone up there at night time to see whats its like or the weekend maybe?

Knock into a house on the road and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

We drove through the estate on a few different evenings and it seemed okay. the latest was about 8:30pm or 9pm and it looked alright.
    That's a good idea about dropping into one of the houses. I might ring the local cop station aswell and see what they say about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

You might not get anywhere with ringing Garda as its policy now not to give out any information over phone about a given area....

I rang Garda myself and got this about their policy,but rang back another time and got a nice enough Garda,who told me about an area I was looking to buy in....So if you dont succeed the first time,try again...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Thanks again, mate! You've been very helpful. I tried ringing them this afternoon and I was told exactly as you said (against their policy, etc). I'll give them a shout later on this evening and see if there's someone else on a different shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dermo_the Carpe

Hi Bill
    I live round the corner from o hogan. Like u i bought my home 5 years ago not knowin much about the area but to be honest instead of sellin up ( we made a few bob on the house since we bought) we r goin to build on, we love the area that much. O hogan is a quiet cul de sac and no bother at all. id recommend it

• Advertisement
Advertisement