Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT overdue

Options
  • 05-04-2006 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

My NCT is 15 months overdue....don't ask!!!!!!!
    The car is in good nick. where do I stand re insurance claim and getting the test done now???

Comments

Ring your local NCT centre and arrange a test.

Insurance companies don't really care. You can get insured without one + Ive never heard of it being an issue in the event of a claim.

You can still get taxed without a current NCT, and I have never put my NCT disk in my window and the gards have never asked for it at checkpoints.

Kinda makes me not want to go to the effort of doing it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ronoc wrote:
    Ring your local NCT centre and arrange a test

Exactly. If the car passes, the NCT cert will only be valid for 9 months though...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭urranger

They are the main reason for not doing it sooner.........it's no hassle if you dont do the NTC!
    I reckon it's a money making racket for the Gov't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My NCT is due in less than 2 weeks but they hav'nt got round to telling me, strange as the last time I ws given a good months warning. Not that it matters as I'm taking the old dear off the road soon.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mike65 wrote:
    My NCT is due in less than 2 weeks but they hav'nt got round to telling me, strange as the last time I ws given a good months warning. Not that it matters as I'm taking the old dear off the road soon.

Mike.

I think they only notify you of the first test, any proceeding tests have to be arranged with them by yourself afaik.

• Advertisement
Advertisement