Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo in Limerick

Options
  • 05-04-2006 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Id like to do a bit of judo but the UL judo club has been disbanded. Does anyone know anywhere in limerick that does it. I know there used to be a group in the city centre surely they're still around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

Mark I don't know of any other Judo club in Limerick if you find one let me know. I would like to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

thought there was a combat judo crowd in Limerick?

Will ask a friend who is still in limerick about it as he used to train with em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

that's Waza Kai and they are Combat Jiu Jitsu now, trained by Mike Carroll. They are more Jiu Jitsu these days, as the Name Change implies!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

that's Waza Kai and they are Combat Jiu Jitsu now, trained by Mike Carroll. They are more Jiu Jitsu these days, as the Name Change implies!

http://www.wazakaicombatclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MarkBrophy

yes i trained with mike carrol before. Not a bad club. Its like a traditional jui-jitsu club crossed with an mma club. However what i am looking for is a "judo" club.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

According to TJ Davitt, Mikes place is the closest you'll get to a Judo club in Limerick.

If you bring your gi next time Fergal is coming into us I'm sure he'd be up for doing a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MarkBrophy

i will bring my gi tonight cant wait to train with fergal. There was a judo club in town i trained there years ago. im sure these guys are still training somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Mark, up until a short time ago I was training with Mike Carroll, and at least one of his students used to train in the judo club, but from what he said to me, it seemed like they were closed a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Found this post on Google search.

I'm interested to try Judo but I have yet to find a Dojo in Limerick. Does anyone know where in Limerick it is being trained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's a 'Limerick Judo Academy' on facebook.

As I'm a regular visitor to Limerick I messaged them (via facebook) a number of times but I've yet to receive an answer so I'm not even sure they're still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Same as yourself I've messaged them twice and the message was 'seen' but no reply....... LAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Same as yourself I've messaged them twice and the message was 'seen' but no reply....... LAME!

Yes its completely lame.

I admin my clubs page and I can honestly say I'd be surprised if I was more than a few minutes answer messages to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

There is a Judo class hosted in Limerick BJJ Academies gym, 84 O Connell Street Limerick. http://limerickbjjacademy.com/timetable.html . Call in and talk to the judo instructor there, he can tell you about his other classes.

Advertisement