Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacken anybody?

Options
  • 05-04-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Anyone else from ucd going to wacken in germany this summer???

www.wacken.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's a really ****ing good lineup. I *wish* I was going, but I'm poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

what? no katie melua?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Come on Grimes, she can't play Wacken AND Glastonbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Motörhead are the only band i'd go for...and possibly whitesnake

Who are Whitesnake? My dad told me he went drinkin' with them and I think I was supposed to be impressed but I've never heard of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Here I Go Again - on my own, they were played on the oc, love that song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

your dad went drinkin with whitesnake!!!!??!!!! that is so very cool! they're a big hard rock band from 70s/80s - big guitars, bigger hair - rocknroll baby!!!

Oh cool I love the OC...so much so that I have the boxset, I can listen to them now and see if they're cool. You should take my OC quiz

ferdi wrote:
    your dad went drinkin with whitesnake!!!!??!!!! that is so very cool! they're a big hard rock band from 70s/80s - big guitars, bigger hair - rocknroll baby!!!

oh ok...yeah i didn't think they were that famous. he was chefing in a hotel where they stayed here and he was drinking with them in their suite apparently, I only remember the name cos he only mentioned it recently

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Went the last 3 years, I'm taking a break this year to go to California instead, so need to save the cash.

Motorhead played in 2004, but they were unfortunately crap, possibly due to sound engineering issues, lineup looks good this year, lots of cheese, hope it stays dry for whoever is going!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

TBH I'd much rather to go a festival with James Blunt, Daniel O'Donnell, Westlife, B Witched, S Club 7, Steps and New Kids On The Block as the main acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

TBH I'd much rather to go a festival with James Blunt, Daniel O'Donnell, Westlife, B Witched, S Club 7, Steps and New Kids On The Block as the main acts.
    OMG wheres this on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Scraggs wrote:
    OMG wheres this on??

Probably Oxegen since it's becoming a festival marketed for 14 year olds.

TBH I think we would need Gareth Gates and The Vengaboys to be added to make this proposed festival of mine for it to be rocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I, also, am poor :( I do like the lineup, but I'd rather go to one of the festivals Tool are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

elmyra wrote:
    Oh cool I love the OC...so much so that I have the boxset, I can listen to them now and see if they're cool. You should take my OC quiz
    I wana take you OC quiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

A few of my mates are goign to Wacken,
    This year it looks like im going to www.earthshakerfest.de,
    last year was pretty amazing but the security was a bit dodge, so they are moving the venue. I got to see a Manowar and rhapsody last year :cool:

Grimes wrote:
    I wana take you OC quiz

http://originalshin.bebo.com and go to the quiz section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

Damn I'm not on Bebo. Check your pms I just sent you my number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shªde

Hi guys,

you might not have expected it, but there is acutally one (well, maybe more) German who reads your boards occationally.
    I study in Karlsruhe (D) and I'd like to come over to the UCD for half a year (or maybe a year) in 2007/2008.

The wacken lineup isn't that bad (I like all kinds of metal, but prefer midage-gothic-rock) but not as good as in other years imho.

I think I'll go to Summer Breeze this year (www.summer-breeze.de), for it is cheaper and much closer to Karlsruhe. I regret I wasn't there in 2005 - Haggard, InExtremo, SubwayToSally and Pain(!) are some of my most favourite bands.

If you go there or planning to go, let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'd so get 100% in the oc quiz elmyra. with the only slight doubt in my mind being number 23...

• Advertisement

Go for it, I don't mind!

Advertisement