Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does dying your hair make you go bald?

• 05-04-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

If i were to "frost my tips" would it weaken my hair and speed up the receding process?

Are some bleaches milder than others? Wheres the best place in town for a guy to get his done and how much would it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nah it shouldn't, but get a good conditioner 'cause it can leave your hair quite straw like for a while.
    Try the Grafton Barbers, they'll probably do it for around €65-€85 and they do a really good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Diarmiud

In certain circumstances it could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It also looks very dated, not to mention unattractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

eth0_ wrote:
    It also looks very dated, not to mention unattractive
    Thats just personal opinion...

Its not permanent like. I just wanna try it while i still have some hair left...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

As long as you don't go overboard with the whole thing and get it done proplerly, it should be ok. You also have to really look after it afterwards as well, or it could get very dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Merrick wrote:
    As long as you don't go overboard with the whole thing and get it done proplerly, it should be ok. You also have to really look after it afterwards as well, or it could get very dry.
    Yeah, and the dryness could weaken your hair in turn 'causing you to lose a bit.

As I said, make sure you get a good conditioner and for the first while wash your hair in cold/warm water, not hot as that apparently causes your scalp to dry out (again weakening your hair) and avoid blowdrying it.

That said, if you're just getting the tips done it should be fine as you're not going near the roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

it could cause your hair to weaken and break or fall out but it's rather unlikely it will make you go bald.. seeing as baldness is a genetic thing..

Advertisement