Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona - Benfica

• 05-04-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Live tonight on SS2. Again I'm going to watch the game that was scoreless in the first leg. Expecting a win for Barca, as I always do, but hope Benfica will make a good match of it. Hoping Ronnie will be back on form after his "poor" showing against Real at the weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Should that not be Barcelona - Benfica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha, my bad! Bremen on the brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i have an awful feeling my beloved barca are going out tonight :confused:

benfica are a poor team, but theres some really good individuals on the team that can pull something out of their hats really fast if they start getting some confidence.

1 goal from benfica and things could look terrible a la last night with my other favourate team milan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

every Barca player can pull something out og their hats really fast too. I can't see benfica winning tonight. 2-0 Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im predicting benfica to score first through Simao and then Barca to turn it on and get a 2-1 or 3-1 win.

On that note the odds for simao getting the first goal are great, seen them from 9/1 to 12/1!, especially considering he's going back to his old club (players always seem to do well when that happens, something to prove)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

el rabitos wrote:
    i have an awful feeling my beloved barca are going out tonight :confused:

benfica are a poor team, but theres some really good individuals on the team that can pull something out of their hats really fast if they start getting some confidence.

1 goal from benfica and things could look terrible a la last night with my other favourate team milan :D
    I don't think it's fair to call them a poor team when they are 90 minutes from a place in the semis of the CL.
    Of course I'll have to say Barcelona, but Benfica have been underestimated throughout the competition. Everyone thought United's group was easy, then thought that Benfica were going to be strolled over by Liverpool. I think they'll make a game of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oooh I'm looking forward to this one tonight! If Barca are even on average form tonight they should get past Benfica.

Barca have to win the Champions League this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

1-0 barca. game over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Benfica only need 1-1 to go through

hardly game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you just watch.

I'm not sure Miccoli understands the offside rule.

2-0, Game over. Eto'o deserves it.

andrewie wrote:
    every Barca player can pull something out og their hats really fast too. I can't see benfica winning tonight. 2-0 Barca.

Good call, did you have money on it??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shocking miss by Simao. That would have totally changed the game. Well done Barca. They should easily beat Milan if Milan play like they did last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Kingp35 wrote:
    Shocking miss by Simao. That would have totally changed the game. Well done Barca. They should easily beat Milan if Milan play like they did last night.

Yeah, terrible miss by him and so late in the game it could have cost Barca.

Thought Benfica were quite poor and wasn't overly impressed with Barca.

The semi should be a cracker though!!!!

Barca fans wanting revenge for '94!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Barca did what they had to do to beat Benfica, I don't think they even got into full gear doing it either. It's a frightening prospect for the creaking Milan defence as to how they are going to contain the Barca attack. To be honest, I can see AC getting stuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Maybe I am wrong but does anyone else think Ronaldinho misses alot of penalties for a player of his skill ????:confused:

I have it in my brain that he has missed 3-4 penalties this season ?

He's missed three penalties already this season yeah, out of 13.

I called the one last night too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Barca did what they had to do to beat Benfica, I don't think they even got into full gear doing it either. It's a frightening prospect for the creaking Milan defence as to how they are going to contain the Barca attack. To be honest, I can see AC getting stuffed.
    Where is everyone getting the idea of Milan's "creaking defense"?

They have conceeded 26 in 32 games in Serie A (better than Barca's record in La Liga), and conceeded three in four games against Bayern Munich and Lyon teams that scored for fun in the group stages of the CL and their domestic leagues.

Who cares if they are old. They obviously know how to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where is everyone getting the idea of Milan's "creaking defense"?

They have conceeded 26 in 32 games in Serie A (better than Barca's record in La Liga), and conceeded three in four games against Bayern Munich and Lyon teams that scored for fun in the group stages of the CL and their domestic leagues.

Who cares if they are old. They obviously know how to play.

La Liga is a far more attacking league. Italy is well known for its boring, strategic, defence-led games. As are the Italian national team alot of the time. They bored everyone to tears when getting to the final of Euro 2000.

The Italian teams are hardly all that hot at the moment anyway. Just look at how Arsenal, currently fifth or so in England, dispensed of the run away Italian leaders, Juventus. Inter weren't too great against Villareal either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Good call, did you have money on it??

Nah, didn't have any money on it.

Advertisement