Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Channel Amp

• 05-04-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a stereo connected to my pc for playing my mp3's. I use Misson M73 speakers.

My stereo packed up today and instead of buying a new one because I never use the tape deck and I can play cd's and listen to the radio through the pc so.....I want to get a 2 channel amp.

Could someone recomend an ok 2 channel amp (preferably one that is bi-wireable and will suit Misson M73 speakers) for around 150-200 yoyo's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Take a look at www.richersounds.ie, and if you are in Dublin drop into XMusic (related-ish to RS) near the Ha'penny bridge. Plenty of nice ones in your price bracket. Including a couple of Cambridge and NAD amps.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Thanks nereid......I checked out richer sounds....There's a Cambridge A5 amp for 180 quid...any opinions??

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=2&SUB=16&ProductID=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Ive no personal experience of the cambridge amps.

I have heard Marantz amps, and they do sound good. NAD are excelent and as a name probably ahead of both the others.

Check out avforums.com and see if there is any threads there that compare the amps you are looking at.

L.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

that cambridge amp is coming in at a few euro cheaper than the price you mentioned, have another look.

Hey mossym,

It's still 180....when I said quid I meant to say euro.

Its £120STG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

apologies, they have no units on the amount, i presumed given the .ie address that the prices were in euro

Hey all,

I've started looking at a Nad C320BEE.....costs a bit extra, any one have any experience of this amp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Dont buy anything without hearing it. Take a trip up north and demo everything you can afford. Then decide.

Advertisement