Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programme on RTE tomorrow (Thursday) night

Options
  • 05-04-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭

Flesh and Blood on RTE1 at 10:15 tomorrow night will feature Lynda Sheridan (formerly Liam)

From the website

Documentary series exploring the pasts of six people. Charting the courageous story of Liam Sheridan who surgically became Lynda and decided to live the rest of his life as a woman

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

And why did you feel the need to post about this on a "Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual" forum? :)
    I just ask as changing one's gender has nothing to do with sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Charter - READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/01/06
    This Charter reflects the posting guidelines which we expect posters to this board to follow. This latest revision was updated 15/02/05.

1. This board relates to LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning) issues. Everything else is OT (off topic), and will be moved/deleted as appropriate.

though I agree in that I never really got the connection either, one being orientation, the other more role/identity

Nuala O Faolains programme was interesting. Very sad. And nice to see some one whose had r/ships with both sexes put in a "complete person" context

Then I've always had a soft spot for Nuala (apparently so had Nell)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Then I've always had a soft spot for Nuala (apparently so had Nell)

I didn't think it was soft... ;)

And yeah, see charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol whoops missed that! carry on ;)

Advertisement