Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold the wrong shower door?

Options
  • 05-04-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I bought a shower door, bifold, to fit a shower tray 800mm. I had to wait for it to come in and collected it yesterday. The receipt says bifold door 800. The actual door measures 725mm accross, and with the two side slips maybe a few mm more. Is this the norm? How the hell do I fill the gap! I think its the wrong door!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

No that should be right. Shower doors normally cover a set range e.g. 725mm -> 800mm. There should be two (reasonably) wide supports/side rails that will hold the shower door in place once their fixed. These side rails will cover the gap between the wall and the edge of the door; this is to allow for the fact that, although your tray may be 800 mm wide, the wall 4 feet up may not (they never are... )

Scroll down to the bifold door section of this page on the Image Showers site to give you a better idea.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

<silently mouths 'sh1t'> I think I will pack it out with timber or something, space is 850, instead of the hassle of waiting for another door. ta for the response dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Consider yourself lucky. I measured my tray, not noticing that the 0 distance marker was not the end of the tape, but about 8 inches in. I was caught for seven or eight inches. Ended up having to build a filler frame with wood and plexiglass. Took ages, but I'll never make that mistake again....

Advertisement