Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.steerclear.ie

Options
  • 05-04-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Driver education in secondary school - its about time.

These guys are independent of government agencies and fair play to them. Was listening to the radio this evening, one of their reps was on.

Great idea and pointed out that Ireland is the only OCED country not to have driver education.

I give these guys the thumb up.

Now its going to be interesting to see how many schools in Ireland will introduce this and secondly will steerclear get any funding from the government or Gay Byrne.

Education in all aspects and fundamentals of life start early so why not driving skills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Not one opinion on this no?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

good idea, introducing them to driver safety early, fact remains however majority of young people will still pass a theory test get the provisional license and think they can do wat they want and get behing the wheel uninsured.

Thats the unfortunate reality as there are no resources to tackle this, I know from personal experience as soon as you get your provisional license you just want to drive, you dont care about anything else law or otherwise. I dont believe 1 class a week in school will go any way in stopping this.

Advertisement