Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 car accident

Options
  • 05-04-2006 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone see that bad accident on the Doughiska dual carriageway this morning?
    A punto got practically squashed between a lorry and car. I can't for the life of me figure out how accidents happen when everyone is driving at less than 5miles per hour!!!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

It only takes a split second, a lapse in concentration and Bang (FUBAR)!!! :( and today's accident on the N17 is even sadder :confused:

Jesus.. people around Galway are seriously bad drivers alot of the time.

Its lethal trying to cross the road down to Lurgan Park near the roundabout. Half the time drivers never indicate when pulling down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Its lethal trying to cross the road down to Lurgan Park near the roundabout. Half the time drivers never indicate when pulling down there!
    tell me about it.:rolleyes: Im gonna have to start carryin rocks in my bag to peg at drivers who decide no to indacate and nearly knock me down

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SuperMacs

Didn't they tell you?...
    indicators are optional in Galway for cars
    you have to make best guess where their going.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SuperMacs

And whilst on subject...
    what is it with the lights at renmore road and the Dublin rd.
    If your leaving Galway and hit the lights. There are two lights.
    one for straight on up the Dublin rd, the other for right turn into Renmore Rd.
    Straight on goes green first. And then a delay before its a greed for right turn.

The amount of drivers that ignore the red for right turn. Becuase the see a green they think its a green for them to turn right.
    Jeezzz how clearer can the lights be.
    And if your sitting in a car waiting for green to go right. Some ejit is behind you flahsing lights because he wants you to go.
    Like.."Hello red feeking light"

Sorry...as you can see needed to leave off there a bit :mad:

• Advertisement

Or half the time they never turn them off. Take the turn in for the Eye Cinema on the Dublin Road. I was standing on the island in the middle of that road, waiting to cross. I see 1 car indicating to pull in to that area, followed by another one indicating in the same direction. I think i'm safe enough, and cross the road. The first car does pull in, but the second keeps going straight. Thankfully I gave it enough time, but otherwise I'd be screwed. I realise they were probably indicating to traverse the roundabout, but there is a bit of distance between there and that turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Supermacs..you have a good point there! Something similar happens at the traffic lights at the Liosban estate when your turning right into Liosban from the Tuam road.

I have a fair bit of experience driving in major foreign cities and I often think about what the half of these people would do if they were faced with a real sphagetti junction like the kind you see in the U.S., etc. Even if they spent the day driving in Dublin they would sure as hell learn very quickly what a filter light is! Galway must only have a 4/5 filter lights in the city centre.

Advertisement