Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is better for ocing the 3800x2 or opetron 165

Options
  • 05-04-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

what is better for ocing the 3800x2 or opetron 165 and also is there any good case that looks cool and with a side panel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Gonna move this to the tweaking / modding forum. You'll get better answers there. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Well, it depends really, Generally a CPU with less cache (the X2 3800) will overclock better as there is less power consumption and heat.

But the opterons overclock really well even with 1mb cache per core as apposed to the 3800's 512kb per core.

They are equal at stock, the 3800 is clocked 200mhz higher to make up for it having less cache.

That didnt really answer your question, did it?:p

I would go for more cache, or whichever is cheaper...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jean Luc

go with the x3800..this has been overclocked to even beat the FX60..
    check out www.tomshardware.com for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok and about the case summthing good for installing and looking cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

ok and about the case summthing good for installing and looking cool.

CM Stacker :D

I'm such a Stacker fanboy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hopeful wrote:
    CM Stacker :D

I'm such a Stacker fanboy :p

me too
    i love them, have 2 at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

how many drive spaces does it have does it have space for a floppy drive(will be using it for a crad reader)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Opteron all the way. AMD have produced them on higher quality silcon and rigously tested each one as they are designed for workstation use. You get a far higher and more stable overclock from them. And 1mb cache on each core makes them more versatile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

how many drive spaces does it have does it have space for a floppy drive(will be using it for a crad reader)

Stacker has 11 drive bays...includes one adapter plate for floppy drive.

:)

Advertisement