Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

N-Gage QD Question

• 05-04-2006 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I have an N-Gage QD, and no headphones - anyone know where I would get any. It takes a standard 2.5mm jack, but I can't find any headphones that work - I used a standard 2.5 -> 3.5mm converter but the QD says "Enhancement not supported" when I try to plug it in. This problem never occured on the original Gage but its a major problem with the qd which will only accept offical nokia stuff.

I can't get offical headphones anymore due to the lack of N-gage support, and the offical nokia ones with 2.5mm jacks around these days are all single ear bud models which would be useless for gaming as well as costing a fortune.

The best I can do is a Motorola 2.5->3.5mm adaptor but when I use that, even on the highest volume the sound is so quiet you can't even hear it on the bus or outside.

Anyone know where the hell I could pick up an original nokia stereo headset with 2.5mm jack?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Is it anything like the HDD2 that the original one uses ? It's got two
    2.5 mm plugs - grey and black. The black one has two rings around the plug.

If so I've bought a few of those from eBay over the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Ahoy hoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks - I managed to get a pair but I will try get a backup as well just in case. The original Earphones work, but seeing as the QD only has one 2.5 jack, can only have volume in one ear piece at once - not very ideal :D

Advertisement