Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericesson K750i with Meteor

• 05-04-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Went phone shopping today and decided on this phone with Meteor for €9 with the 60 a month bill. O2 did nothing to keep my business so changing.
    Have to call back with bills tomorrow and id tomorrow etc.
    Did I make a right choice before I seal the deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a good phone, a good plan..I'd say it was a good choice. Have you shopped around to see if other networks/plans fit any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

yeah. would of liked to stay with o2 had a silver upgrade. The same phone would cost me 240e. They have nothing to keep me with there network. There prices aren't as good as meteor either but I knew that. Girl in shop tried to presuade me about 3G but don't want ot sign a 12 month contract and be disappointed in first month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Jesper wrote:
    yeah. would of liked to stay with o2 had a silver upgrade. The same phone would cost me 240e. They have nothing to keep me with there network. There prices aren't as good as meteor either but I knew that. Girl in shop tried to presuade me about 3G but don't want ot sign a 12 month contract and be disappointed in first month

the network is called 3, not 3g. if you really want a k750 meteor is the way to go. the o2 upgrade system went to sh!te when they brought in the whole silver/gold upgrade etc. basically it meant everyone paid more than before, even the really high spenders. and vodafone will do the phone equivalent of picking you up by the ankles and shaking you till all the money falls out.

the 3 network is excellent and imo the best network as long as you don't go abroad much. much cheaper and you get loads of video content free. having said that the only really good phone they had was the 6680* and its gone. the v3x is the next best but motorola has serious quality issues. the k608i has most of the features of the k750i but no card slot so that could be a substitute if you dont need a lot of memory. my advice would be to wait for the 6280 though. of course thats been "due in two weeks" since before christmas. i think they're being shipped from pluto

*i'm biased towards the 6680 because i have one and its the canines testicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

my advice would be to wait for the 6280 though. of course thats been "due in two weeks" since before christmas. i think they're being shipped from pluto

It keeps failing testing, like the 6230i did on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Jesper wrote:
    Went phone shopping today and decided on this phone with Meteor for €9 with the 60 a month bill. O2 did nothing to keep my business so changing.

Same as myself but I went with the W800(same as 750 really). O2 did nothing to try to persuade me to stay which was a shame as I had no problems with them but I wanted a new phone but wasn't willing to pay the money they were looking for.

Been with Meteor 3 months now and no problems at all and I have travelled up North and UK with it and no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You do realise that O2 get paid by Meteor for using their network when out of range of their own (pretty much outside any city/large town) so you can see if they know your going to move to Meteor then there isn't much incentive to keep you as they'll get your money eventually regardless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Jesper wrote:

what meteor package are you on.im getting a k750i for free tommorrow from o2.i have signed the contract just waiting on the phones.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

drdre wrote:
    what meteor package are you on.im getting a k750i for free tommorrow from o2.i have signed the contract just waiting on the phones.:D

For free thats good ?

How long a contract is it ?

ciaran76 wrote:
    For free thats good ?

How long a contract is it ?

yes for free and i got 3 months line rental free.im on timeshare 500.i also got my dad and the manager on so we all should recieve our 3 k750i's for free tommorrow.

o2 are just alright but there network coverage is pi$$ing me off since last week.but still that happens and i have been with them nearly 6 years.but i have to admit i have been a dissatisfied customer sometimes but thats life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You do realise that O2 get paid by Meteor for using their network when out of range of their own (pretty much outside any city/large town) so you can see if they know your going to move to Meteor then there isn't much incentive to keep you as they'll get your money eventually regardless!!!

Not really. Meteor only use O2 in the extreme west of Ireland. Been with them for 8 months now, and I've never gone onto the O2 network, nor have had any major coverage issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

drdre wrote:
    yes for free and i got 3 months line rental free.im on timeshare 500.i also got my dad and the manager on so we all should recieve our 3 k750i's for free tommorrow.

o2 are just alright but there network coverage is pi$$ing me off since last week.but still that happens and i have been with them nearly 6 years.but i have to admit i have been a dissatisfied customer sometimes but thats life.

Thats what P****d me of the most. If I was a new costumer to o2 I'd get a great deal but I was upgrading (silver) and any phone worth carrying was over €239.
    I was going to go on the €40 Meteor phone and get 200 anytime minutes and bonus free 60texts per month. Decided on a €60pm bill and get 400 anytime minutes and got to choose from 200 meteor to meteor minutes or 200 any network texts.

On a side note can anyone tell me if Meteor give free online texts. o2 gave 250 a month I'll miss that if Meteor don't give it!

Anyone know of any good add ons for the Sony Ericcson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Jesper wrote:
    Thats what P****d me of the most. If I was a new costumer to o2 I'd get a great deal but I was upgrading (silver) and any phone worth carrying was over €239.
    I was going to go on the €40 Meteor phone and get 200 anytime minutes and bonus free 60texts per month. Decided on a €60pm bill and get 400 anytime minutes and got to choose from 200 meteor to meteor minutes or 200 any network texts.

On a side note can anyone tell me if Meteor give free online texts. o2 gave 250 a month I'll miss that if Meteor don't give it!

Anyone know of any good add ons for the Sony Ericcson

and o2 went on about how they listened to their customers and came out with the current system :D all the 239 phones were 150 or so on the bonus upgrade. on the silver, which all the bonus people went onto they're 239. thats some listening. did they say "we want you to have our money"?

meteor gives 300 texts but they can't be sent abroad unlike o2's

and o2 went on about how they listened to their customers and came out with the current system :D all the 239 phones were 150 or so on the bonus upgrade. on the silver, which all the bonus people went onto they're 239. thats some listening. did they say "we want you to have our money"?

meteor gives 300 texts but they can't be sent abroad unlike o2's

yes you are right o2 texts are both international and national. i got texts for 6 cent in my pakage deal.thats really good compared to i was paying 11cent.:eek: .

Advertisement