Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber floor

Options
  • 05-04-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

In the process of building a new house and I need 64 sq yards (oak or ash) and 26 sq yards in another room (walnut or simular dark wood).

I have been looking around and I have gotten prices from €32 up €80 for the oak and from €40 to €150 for the walnut.

Looking on the net and it seems that as usual we are dearer than out brothers in europe has anyone bought and shipped home flooring from outside the country?

anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you tried Irwin's in Castleblayney, Co Monaghan? Tel: 042 9740278.

They have a great range & are very reasonable. The only thing is that they don't deliver. You need to arrange transport yourself.

Worth a look though. Very professional service in the shop by quite tasty young wans who know their timber. Fnarr, fnarr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

where are you.right price tiles started a half price sale in Cork yesterday and they have great bargains in wooden flooring will send you the no's if you need, they have 2 shops in Cork not sure if they are anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

You could try Coillte also, they have a link to their timber selling site, name escapes me now.
    Irish timbers etc.
    Got what I thought was a decent quote for oak flooring, I think €28...memory escapes me now but remember being surprised.
    Coillte.ie and you will find it there somewhere..I think it is called Irish timber or something.
    Sorry to be vague.
    Good luck
    Tobi

Advertisement