Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

minimizing the VRT tax that has to be paid

Options
  • 05-04-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    bringing a car in from uk
    it s tdi passat but 1.9 is not listed on teh vrt site
    anyway i just want some tips on how to minimize teh VRT that im gonna have to pay
    thanks again
    ed :D;):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Tell them theres 101000miles on it.
    Say its the smallest of the 1.9`s,,, the 90Bhp model.
    Theres not a lot you can do.

Who you get to bring the car in for you by the way, or did you head over yourself? I might bring a Tdi golg in at the end of the summer, but i`d need someone to get it for me, like a Irish uk importer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I dont think its possible to do at all,a few people who have taken cars in recently have told me an officer has come out recently and inspected the car briefly.

Surely on the uk log book if its classed as a higher spec model ect there going to go by that too

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

it s tdi passat but 1.9 is not listed on teh vrt site

But of course it is listed :)

Under version, select "D" for diesel and the appropriate model range
    Nuttzy wrote:
    Tell them theres 101000miles on it.
    Say its the smallest of the 1.9`s,,, the 90Bhp model.

:rolleyes: Those things are checked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Does dirtying up the car work? Make it look a bit more worn? Take a few bits off?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You could always dismantle it, then buy a heap of one here and rebuild it using the new parts, hey presto, not VRT.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That sounds so crazy it just might work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I have heard of boys importing BMW into Ireland from the UK, changing the clocks so the car goes from 50k miles to a 150k miles, asked why so high on the mileage, it was a company cars, a sales man I think.

Advertisement