Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car cd weird wiring problem

Options
  • 05-04-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

hooked up a cd player to my old mk2 gold and when key is in ignition but not turned the cd player turns on , grand.... but if i turn the key to start the cd player turns off....

NYONE KNOW WHAT WIRES ARE WHAT ON A SONY CD PLAYER????

THANKS

ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Does it stay off altogether or just switch on and back off as you start the car?

It could be the ign and constant wires are mismtached.
    try switching the orange around with the red wire coming from the iso block

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

it stays off totally, it is a sony cd player and a vw golf i am trying to hook it up to, last owner cut the iso block off so i am a doing something wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Cut the block off the car or the stereo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

ro1798 wrote:
    it stays off totally, it is a sony cd player and a vw golf i am trying to hook it up to, last owner cut the iso block off so i am a doing something wrong

Did you wire the new iso block on yourself?

Your wires are missmatched somewhere along the line,any chance you can take a pic and pop it up and i might be able to help you abit more.

OR go thru all yoru wires with a multi meter

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Sounds like a dodgy earth connection to me.cant remember the exact way the iso is on sony but its simething like this
    red igntion
    yellow battery
    purples back left speakers
    greens back right speakers
    whites front left speakers
    greys front left speakers
    blue is remote
    yellow with black stripe is tele/mute
    oh all the speaker wires have one solid wire and one stripe wire

• Advertisement
Advertisement