Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Adding Extra Languages (Polish) to Nokia Phones

• 05-04-2006 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My Polish friend has just bought a Nokia 6060 but it does not have Polish installed as a language option. She brought it into a phone shop that wanted about €50 to add the language. This seems a tad excessive considering it will only take a few seconds I'd imagine.

Anyone got any suggestions on what to do here.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I know the MPRC in sandyford will do it there and then for €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks, that's an improvement, if still kind of pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Why not be cheeky and bring it back to where you got it, ask them to send it off for a software update (this should be done under warranty, but the phone more than likely will have to be sent off as most retailer's don't have a repair / technical centre in store).

Ask them if they can put a note on it requesting that polish be installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

gillo wrote:
    Why not be cheeky and bring it back to where you got it, ask them to send it off for a software update (this should be done under warranty, but the phone more than likely will have to be sent off as most retailer's don't have a repair / technical centre in store).

Ask them if they can put a note on it requesting that polish be installed?

I honestly can't see them doing this for free. Infact i would say that 99% of shops you will go into requesting this will in fact say this is a chargable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

i work in a phone shop, and have no problem sending the phone away, under warranty, to have polish installed on it. All it costs us is time. The retailer you bought it from may explain the charge as a way of covering admin costs but in reality the repair company pays for the courier.

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Can you get Motorola E770V upgraded with Russian or Greek????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Dellas wrote:
    Can you get Motorola E770V upgraded with Russian or Greek????

MPRC is Sandyford might be able to advise you better: www.mprc.ie

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there's a place in bray thats doing it for less than that (but i can't remember their cost or name - i'll check though)

Advertisement