Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Fox Care ?

Options
  • 06-04-2006 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Just got a pet Fox and have no idea how to care for him. Any words of wisdom?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

One: "Google".

I hope you have a huge garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

How on earth did you manage to acquire a fox? Do people have pet foxes here?
    I think they belong in the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Karoma wrote:
    I hope you have a huge garden...

And no sense of smell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

fits wrote:
    How on earth did you manage to acquire a fox? Do people have pet foxes here?
    I think they belong in the wild.

Me too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Native foxes are not pets and belong in the wild if it is a native fox and can be returned or even it can't be returned contact http://homepage.eircom.net/~foxwatchireland/home.htm

If it's a non native fox I presume you need a licence and they also are not suitable pets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Ahhh double post....mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I woudn't like a pet that could out smart me. I can't even have hamsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

If it's a non native fox I presume you need a licence and they also are not suitable pets.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/02/0208_050208_foxes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Arcadian wrote:
    And no sense of smell :D

I second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Diarmiud

Foxes are very easy to please. Just toss them a little food every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Diarmiud wrote:
    Foxes are very easy to please. Just toss them a little food every now and again.

Grainne in their diet?

Grainne in their diet?

Very important.Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can you tell us more about the fox?? Is it a red wild fox or another species I do have a mate who has a fox - I will email him & see if he can give you advice - pm me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Just got a pet Fox and have no idea how to care for him. Any words of wisdom?

Why in the name of god did you get an animal that you have no idea how to care for? Hardly an intelligent thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

Taken from the "favourite pet" thread
    I'm still a kid at heart. So my best pet is still with me. It's a special kind of fox. We take turns chasing each other. Great fun!

perhaps this person is slightly delusional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

skink wrote:
    Taken from the "favourite pet" thread

Indeedy, a bit of a walter mitty type!

skink wrote:

Absolutely! Speak in metaphors all the time. Otherwise I might revert to normal and boring.:D

Bond-007 wrote:
    Indeedy, a bit of a walter mitty type!

Wrong gender. But could I act the part? Hummmmmm? Never wore men's clothes. Don't know how to tie a tie either. Might be fun! Maybe put on one of those fake mustashes? Wouldn't know what to do with all the hair, and don't want to cut it. Braid and wrap into a hat? Did Walter Mitty wear hats? Now, for more of a disguise, perhaps I could go visit that shop in France that Cluesoe (sp?) of The Pink Panther film series used to visit? What was it called, lads? Something about August... August... Whatever. Couldn't fake "whatever," but not sure it would really matter.

Delusional? Absolutlely! The life of the party! A conversation piece.:D

Nala wrote:
    Why in the name of god did you get an animal that you have no idea how to care for? Hardly an intelligent thing to do.

Nala: You are absolutely right! I don't have the slightest idea how to care for my fox. I try to give him a lot of love, but he wanders a lot, sometimes hiking into the mountains of Kerry for entire weekends. But he always returns for some reason.

Hey, not knowing how to care for my fox might be similar to being a parent? What preparation do they get before they have kids? I got more instruction on how to drive a car, as well as licensure, than for when I may have a child someday. Think about it.;)

Wrong gender. But could I act the part? Hummmmmm? Never wore men's clothes. Don't know how to tie a tie either. Might be fun! Maybe put on one of those fake mustashes? Wouldn't know what to do with all the hair, and don't want to cut it. Braid and wrap into a hat? Did Walter Mitty wear hats? Now, for more of a disguise, perhaps I could go visit that shop in France that Cluesoe (sp?) of The Pink Panther film series used to visit? What was it called, lads? Something about August... August... Whatever. Couldn't fake "whatever," but not sure it would really matter.

Delusional? Absolutlely! The life of the party! A conversation piece.:D

"When duty calls you have always got...Balls!"

Dont listen to him. Hes delusional. He dresses in womens clothing all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement