Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent! Shipping stuff to Ireland from India

Options
  • 06-04-2006 5:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Can anyone recommend a shipping company that will ship stuff (a tea chest) from India to Ireland.
    It would be great if the company was cheap and reliable, but I'd settle for just reliable.
    Please advise folks! I'm short of time,

Cheers
    Jean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Jean05 wrote:
    Hi folks,
    Can anyone recommend a shipping company that will ship stuff (a tea chest) from India to Ireland.
    It would be great if the company was cheap and reliable, but I'd settle for just reliable.
    Please advise folks! I'm short of time,

Cheers
    Jean

just use fedex, dhl etc.they will be quick and realible but might not be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Parsons

That's right Fedex and DHL offer secure shipping. There are a couple of Indian cargo shipping companies but they again route it thro' Fedex or DHL.

Hope you don't mind if I ask....are you into tea importing business? Coz I got good contacts with tea manufacturers there in ROI (read Republic of India) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Ive sent stuff by regular post (a largish box) from India and it took about 3 weeks to get to Ireland!

Def go with fedex or an international courier. Check with the Post office or google fedex for the number to dial from india to arrange a collection. Or if you are staying in a hotel with a helpful reception they may arrange it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

If it's big & heavy and you are not in a hurry I would send it via a freight forwarder. Have a Google for them and you'll find several.
    They have a system where they groupship a lot of different items together. It takes a bit longer but is a hell of a lot cheaper than courier or An Post...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

mayhem# wrote:
    If it's big & heavy and you are not in a hurry I would send it via a freight forwarder. Have a Google for them and you'll find several.
    They have a system where they groupship a lot of different items together. It takes a bit longer but is a hell of a lot cheaper than courier or An Post...

E.

agreed, id get insurance also, we shipped a nice statue from there and it came cracked in half

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jean05

:) Thanks for all the replies. It turns out the best and cheapest way is the post office, although it takes 3 months

Jean05 wrote:
    :) Thanks for all the replies. It turns out the best and cheapest way is the post office, although it takes 3 months

3 months or weeks:eek: . no way does it take that long as i got a package from pakistan and it took max 12 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jean05

Actually it's "3 to 4 months"... I was shocked too! There are other ways to send it but this is the cheapest... not even 55euro to ship 20kg. Can't do much better than that.

Jean05 wrote:
    Actually it's "3 to 4 months"... I was shocked too! There are other ways to send it but this is the cheapest... not even 55euro to ship 20kg. Can't do much better than that.

55euro wow you got ripped off.its so cheap over there because of the rupee currency.for 55 euro you could have got dhl or fedex.
    anyway now its done but make sure you find out more about shipping before you buy something in india or pakistan.

Advertisement